XT5 RAF RAW converter

ricflyier

Wich raw converter is the best foor XT5 files ?, I found really different results in using Capture one express or silkypix, the level of details that i see with silkypix is much better of the details that i see with C1, clearly looking ant the same RAF file.

“Best” is very subjective, and I’m always wary about answering questions phrased that way; that being said *I* use DxO pure raw3 in conjunction with Lightroom Classic.  With that, I share a linked collection that allows me to access my Lightroom classic catalog with Lightroom Cloud, giving me viewing and editing capability across the internet and all my mobile devices.  

Edited by Edp

Typically, you'd choose amongst the three big ones: Lightroom, Capture One, or DxO Photo Lab. They're not cheap, but they're popular for a reason. 

Or try the free Darktable or Rawtherapee, but you'll have to check whether the X-T5 is supported yet. (By downloading the software and opening one of your files. They're free, after all.) 

Edited by bastibe

In addition to those mentioned so far, there is also SilkyPix. This is the “big brother / big sister” to the free Raw Converter app that Fujifilm gives you. Here is the link for products and cameras compatibilty:

https://silkypix.isl.co.jp/en/product/search-camera-support/

There is a tab to click on to get to the home page and explore the features offered by each app.

Note: If you want to try the open source apps RawTherapee or Dark Table but find they may not yet support your camera, you can submit some images to them to use to get your camera included:

https://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/Adding_Support_for_New_Raw_Formats

https://www.darktable.org/resources/camera-support/

Edited by jerryy

I love the way C1Pro renders my X and GFX files.  I've been a LR user since Beta 1A in 2006-07 and I still use it for culling, minor editing, and cataloging/storing but my main image processor is Capture One.  I will say I've used Silkypix as well with my X files and it comes darn close to C1Pro but nothing, IMHO beats Capture One.

I use Adobe ACR (almost identical to LR)... then open in PS Photoshop. If you turn off sharpening, then open and edit in PS - no worms at all. The extra colour/definition you can achieve in PS is just incredible. Lately just using the jpegs from my X-T3, getting almost identical results. Just set to DR200 and Highlights to -2 (dynamic range is just incredible - no blown out highlights anymore) about the same as my EOS r6 mk11 raws - just wow!