Fuji and Red Dot Flare issue

Sorry but you're being very very ignorant. Frankly, i'm wondering what you're shooting anyway, or at what level. Shooting into the sun is absolutely common practice for a variety of professional photography. Landscape, Outdoors, Tourism ... oh my. do i have to explain it? Never seen any commercials of this sort? Whereas regarding the brands, say Canon vs Fuji: the canon 17mm TSE for instance, creates a very clean and beautiful sun "star". Incomparable to the Fuji 10-24. Now i landed in this thread, because my 10-24 on the XT-2 creates lots of colorful dots, pretty bad. In very obvious repeating patterns. Nothing like may Canon 16-35 or 17. You know what? Ask around stock agencies or photogs, and they will tell you that "sun in the photo" sells A LOT better for certain motifs. Not to folks like you, of course. But please stop blathering. Dont ridicule photographers that do shoot into the sun!

Show us your stuff huck222. We all try to contribute each in our own way, please demonstrate what you mean and since you used the work Professional make it at that level.

well, I may be “ very ignorant" but I never said that people don’t or shouldn’t shoot " in the sun” ( against the sun). 

I was saying that IF you chose to shoot against the sun THEN you can reasonably expect that there will be some flare.

But please, show us your great accomplishments in this or any other department.

• 1 month later...

well, I may be “ very ignorant" but I never said that people don’t or shouldn’t shoot " in the sun” ( against the sun).

I was saying that IF you chose to shoot against the sun THEN you can reasonably expect that there will be some flare.

Well, you were criticizing him harshly for shooting against the sun, saying it's not the problem of the camera/lens, but the photographer. Right? Well, it think that is totally wrong.

Ok guys, sorry for the late follow up. Don't get me wrong, i am not talking about MY work, but about the world of photography out there, where the sun IN a picture is very very common and attractive. And the Fuji System has some issues with it. Mostly it seems, because of reflections between back lens and sensor. Here's a picture taken with my Canon. Any problems there, Milandro? I dont see any. Some flare is okay or beautiful. Some taken with Canon are worse, yes, but Fuji is a different world. That's the point of this thread now isn't it?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by huck222

Regarding Fuji, i found that a aperture not smaller than f/9 is best, avoiding that flare grid pattern. Stopped down beyond f/11, the ugly grid shows more or less. Which is bothering, because with landscapes apertures smaller than f9 are pretty common. See attached comparison. In this instance even at f22 its kinda okay-ish, but its definatly something not to be ignored.

yet another misreading of my post.

I don’t have problems with shooting against the sun. I know It might give me all sorts of problems.

What I said is that IF you shoot against the sun you already know that may have problems  and shouldn’t be surprised if you do come across any problem.

yet another misreading of my post.

I don’t have problems with shooting against the sun. I know It might give me all sorts of problems.

What I said is that IF you shoot against the sun you already know that may have problems  and shouldn’t be surprised if you do come across any problem.

Well now, that's funny. What was that "best of luck with your other cameras? I've shown you some "luck" with Canon, a DSLR that is, without that grid pattern flare, caused by sensor reflections it seems (because what sort of lens could produce such a grid?), which you do not believe. The sun i the frame, was for you "a freak way to photograph". So maybe my "misreading" was caused by your misspelling. But i do appreciate the entirely new tone and content of what you are saying now. =)

I have no new tone, I said this before in the same terms.

My point was and has always been that if you shoot against the sun you may have problems (all sorts of whether sensor or lens induced) and shouldn’t be surprised if you do,

I don’t think that I’ve made I made any “ spelling” mistake. I think that all the words that I have used were spelled correctly.

Maybe you refer to my ideas that you may or may not agree with.

Please read the definition of each word or verb.

spelling |ˈspɛlɪŋ

noun [ mass noun ] the process or activity of writing or naming the letters of a word. the books and spelling in my class were too simple.• count noun ] the way a word is spelled: the spelling of his name was influenced by French.• person's ability to spell words: her spelling was deplorable.

You’ve misread me because of a improper interpretation of my words ( you may say that I haven’t expressed myself well, but that would be a first...)

Anyway , I too shoot against the sun, occasionally, I don’t get upset if something strange happen and work with it not against it.

misread |mɪsˈriːd

verb (past and past participlemisread |-ˈrɛdwith obj. ] read (a piece of text) wrongly. perhaps she'd misread the note and got the time wrong. (as noun misreading:  he withdrew an allegation based on his misreading of a newspaper article.

• judge or interpret (a situation or a person's manner or behaviour) incorrectly: had she been completely misreading his intentions? 

Edited by milandro

right, you have all the reality you WANT :) . Some call it "alternative facts" :)

It's kinda hard to discuss a problem here, without reading posts. Well then, lets focus on photography again. And specific technical answers.

Edited by huck222