X-H1 Exposure compensation

I was using my camera today with shutter and aperture set manually with auto ISO. All was fine until I accidentally touched a button, probably on the back of the camera and the exposure compensation started changing by itself depending on where the camera was pointed. I tried to manually alter the compensation but it wouldn’t respond to the rear dial. Thankfully after switching the camera on and off a couple of times it finally responded to manual input. I’ve tried to replicate the situation so I know in future what button not to press but it won’t do it again. I have exposure compensation set to switch/rear dial.

At the same time the green focus box had an additional yellow component to it and started moving around.

I’d love to know what I did to cause this if anyone has any insights!

I have never seen a green and yellow focus frame /  box before, that is a new one. As far as I have seen Fujifilm does use yellow in their displays, as an aid for manual focus (highlight blinking for example) or as a warning that the temperature limit is being reached (the camera is overheating) and it needs to cool off or it will shut down. Neither of these are tied into the focus frame / box.

It sounds like you hit a very unusual glitch.

If it happens again I’ll try and record it on my iPad but it’s not done it since. I’ve done a search for the phenomenon but not found any mention at all about a yellow frame.

Edit: I’ve found this. The green box was much smaller on my display. I must have inadvertently selected something.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Arbalist