16-55 lens + (?)

xpro2inidaho

After receiving comments/suggestions and positive feedbacks on the 16-55 lens, I've ventured out and purchased a Fujinon 35mm f2.0 mainly because it is a WR lens to compliment the XPro2 body. Over the weekend, managed to take about 50 shots around the house with the 35mm and I'm very happy with the results. I'm not retiring the 16-55 at all but after my first impression, the 35 f2.0 will be the go to lens for street scenes. 

A lot of people like to pair the 16-55mm with something with more reach, such as the 50-140 or the 55-200 that recommended in an earlier post. However, if you tend to prefer wide shots you may want to consider the 10-24mm in the future. I've found it to be an excellent complement to my 35mm f/1.4 and is very versatile for landscape, street, and architecture. Some will call it bulky, but the weight is not bad at all and the size is not as bad as some of the other zooms because all of the zooming is done internally. My only recommendation would be even though it has OIS, push your ISO up as needed to avoid leveraging the stabilization too hard. The image quality of the 10-24 is superb, but if you're using the OIS too heavily the quality in the corners starts to drop off noticeably. I know that's an issue with any stabilized lens, but I've noticed that it's much more visible on the 10-24 than some of the other OIS Fuji zooms.