X-T2 Photo Transfer Problems

jsib

I just purchased a X-T2 and I cannot get my photos to transfer from the camera to a MacBook Pro on Monterey 12.8.  I have tried to use all the Fuji film software but I am not able to configure my camera settings in such a way to get the RAW program to import pictures.  I have already lost the photo I wanted to get off the card in trying to format the cards again.  My Photos does not see the camera, Image Viewer does not see the camera.  When I try to set up the camera for any type of transfer, they show more settings than I have on my camera.  What gives?

The card reader @Greybeard recommends is definitely a great way to get the images moved over to your computer, perhaps the best way.

Until you get one, try the following: In the X-T2’s set-up menus go to Connection Setting, then choose PC Connection Mode, then select USB Card Reader. Save and exit. Turn the camera off, connect the USB cable to the camera and computer and turn the camera on (the computer should be on already). It is possible your computer will ask you to trust the camera, if it does so, tell the computer to trust  the camera. Your Mac has an app called Image Capture, start it and then use it to move the raw and jpeg images over to your computer.

https://support.apple.com/guide/image-capture/welcome/mac