I've handled a pre-production X-T2; nothing new, but can confirm some things

aceflibble

It's probably not the most interesting feature anyway, but there is no USB 3.0* from what you said.

If it looks like a Micro-B, it's USB 2.0.

Here is what USB 3.0* Micro-B looks like, you can't miss it because it's really wide and there is a distinctive notch:

http://img.dxcdn.com/productimages/sku_172255_2.jpg

(I'm putting a link to copy/paste, otherwise non logged members can't see the pictures)

Some people are selling USB 3.0* A to USB 3.0* Mini-B, but that's pure scam as there is no Mini-B compatible with USB 3.0* speeds.

* We should be saying USB 3.1 Gen 1 and not USB 3.0, but let's not make the USB consortium proud of themselves for this really confusing renaming ^^

Huh, yeah, it wasn't one of those, it didn't have that notch IIRC. So I guess that means it's actually USB 2.0? I don't work with mini/micro versions enough to know which is available with what. (Ditto for the HDMI and audio in/outs.) But that'd make more sense given how little Fuji care about tethering, and there aren't many other uses for a USB. Ah well. Bit of a shame.

Another possibility is that they only use the better charging abilities of the USB 3.0 protocol.

Hence why they wouldn't need the full size port.

I guess we'll know soon enough anyway ;)

Thanks for sharing your experience anyway!

I don't see the negativity of touchscreen (although I've never used one on a camera) but I could see the merits of it when reviewing images or during video recording.  And I don't see it being that much of a impact on price either.  But Fuji could implement multiple methods for doing the same functions.  For example, my Mazda6 can change radio stations/functions via touch screen, control knob on the center console or via the steering wheel.  Works out great for those that might have gloves, or the passenger can change stations/functions and don't have to get the screen dirty with greasy fingers.  In the same way one could use the touchscreen to review images, or the joy-stick or the control dial.  But like many have chimed in, it should have a off feature for those who absolutely loath touchscreens or feels like it gets in their way.

Edited by EddieX

Interesting that Patrick's source has now confirmed USB3.0 (or 3.1, or whatever), as he's posted on the front page. Is it possible there's another type of USB 3.whatever port which looks like the common, mini/micro USB 2.0 port? The port I saw didn't have that notch, I'm sure, but if Fuji told my mate it's USB 3, and now Patrick's source is saying it's USB 3, I have to believe it really is USB 3 and maybe they just have a less common port for it? The only other thing I can think of is the T2 is meant to have USB 3, but the prototypes, for whatever reason, were made with USB 2. But I've never heard of Fuji making a prototype which is worse than the release model; if anything, they downgrade from the prototype, not upgrade.

In any case, still trying to see if I can have a bit more of a play with it some time soon. It seems like the leaks have gotten to the point where nobody should really care about keeping it secret—there's nothing left to leak, really—and the official announcement should be coming soon, anyway.

Also, just for the record, it seems that one of what I thought was some kind of audio port is actually a remote port. So it's headphones and remote, not headphones and mic. That's assuming Patrick's source is correct and more technologically clued-in than I am, which they probably are. This is why I'm a camera user and not an actual technology journalist.

Interesting that Patrick's source has now confirmed USB3.0 (or 3.1, or whatever), as he's posted on the front page. Is it possible there's another type of USB 3.whatever port which looks like the common, mini/micro USB 2.0 port? The port I saw didn't have that notch, I'm sure, but if Fuji told my mate it's USB 3, and now Patrick's source is saying it's USB 3, I have to believe it really is USB 3 and maybe they just have a less common port for it? The only other thing I can think of is the T2 is meant to have USB 3, but the prototypes, for whatever reason, were made with USB 2. But I've never heard of Fuji making a prototype which is worse than the release model; if anything, they downgrade from the prototype, not upgrade.

In any case, still trying to see if I can have a bit more of a play with it some time soon. It seems like the leaks have gotten to the point where nobody should really care about keeping it secret—there's nothing left to leak, really—and the official announcement should be coming soon, anyway.

Also, just for the record, it seems that one of what I thought was some kind of audio port is actually a remote port. So it's headphones and remote, not headphones and mic. That's assuming Patrick's source is correct and more technologically clued-in than I am, which they probably are. This is why I'm a camera user and not an actual technology journalist.

If it is the same micro USB port that has been used previously and is on many android phones then it is only USB 2. The wider micro USB port with the notch that you speak of is a USB 3 port, however there is a smaller port called USB-C that can be used for USB 3, it is also a reversible port and is used on devices like the new MacBook, Nexus 6P, OnePlus 3, etc. USB-C is also the port that will be replacing all other USB ports going forward even the full sized ones.