Best Fuji camera for Sports Photography

7LLPA

Hi Guys ...

Newbie  here ... please be gentle :)

I enjoy sports photography and have used the XE1 for 18 months or so. Lovely camera etc but it did fall a bit short with Auto Focus for action sports Football/Rugby League etc.

Can anyone suggest a suitable Fuji camera for my needs or should i have to look elsewhere ?

Many thanks in advance

Currently, the X-T1 still has an edge, probably even over the X-Pro 2 which for many reasons is not the camera that a sport photographer would go for.

Very likely the X-T2 will feature improvements in this area. Your X-E1 is certainly much slower than any even current one camera in the range. 

Waiting a bit longer will certainly tell you if the X-T2 will deliver improvements over the current X-T1. It most probably will.

The real question is whether sport photography is the area to which Fuji cameras are being targeting their production. The introduction of the 100-400 would certainly let one think that they are woking in that area on the other hand they might have decided that this (like the cinema market) is an area where they don’t want to commit themselves to.

converters and high speed don’t go together.

As for the lens, it will be depending on the sport , if you need more than one lens you will probably need more than one body because you won’t be able to change lens.

If the sports are played on a field like, soccer,  the 50-140 and the 100-400 would be a good choice.

Concerning sport and fast moving street photography:  I find the X-T1 shutter to be extremely slow.  Press the shutter and too much time goes by before the photo is captured and recorded;  therefore, the subject is no longer where you saw it in the viewfinder or is nowhere in the photo.  It doesn't matter if I use any of these lenses:  14, 23, 27, 18-55 or 55-200.  Hopefully, the X-T2 will be a lot quicker.  Otherwise, it will be time to sell all the Fuji equipment and return to Nikon.