How To Get the X-Pro2 Bright Frame OVF "Simulation" to Work?

I have not found a thread on this topic, so I am starting a new one.

Page 30 of the X-Pro2 manual describes how to use the Fn2 function button on the front of the camera to view in the optical view finder (OVF) the bright line rectangles corresponding to various lens focal lengths. There are two possible views: one shows the "telephoto" rectangles (35mm to 90mm) and one shows the "wide" rectangles.  But the manual's description (or at least my interpretation of it) does not clearly tell how to switch between those two views. I can only see the "telephoto" view. How do I toggle between the two views?

To switch between wide and telephoto bright line rectangles in the OVF, slide the viewfinder selector to the right and hold it for a couple seconds while viewing the bright line rectangles. You are correct, it is not very clear in the manual.

• 3 years later...

I have a similar question in the same area. I do see the following line to explain how to switch between wide and tele settings on page 30. However, it says for maximum and minimum aperture. Can someone help me understand how the bright frame has anything to do with aperture??

Keep the viewfinder selector pressed up to toggle between the bright frame for maximum and minimum aperture.