DOWNLOAD NOW :: Massive FUJIFILM FIrmware Updates :: Bug Fixes + Improvements for X-series cameras / lenses!

Patrick FR

Re. multiple upgrades from one SD card. It is perfectly possible, since each camera/lens firmware has a UNIQUE name, so it doesn't matter how many you put on the same SD card. As long as you (or your computer!) don't edit the name of the file, you are in the clear.

Don't forget, your camera is basically a computer, and it follows computer logic.

Did my X-T1, 35/2 and 18-55 like this - smooth as a breeze. 

I agree that minimizing the risk of bricking your camera is something we should all do, but it is basically very simple.

Making sure

1) your battery is fully charged

2) not switching your camera off or removing the SD card during the update

That is basically it......no need to cross fingers and go to lengths to avoid "trouble" etc.

Edited by heliosfan

Most likely your mac has renamed the file. The correct name is "FWUP0008.DAT". If necessary manually rename the file and you should be fine.

Great catch, thank you!! Just like the forum member just before me (above), I need to keep my Spring cleaning current as well. Old update DAT w/ same name was still on my Mac.

You can put all the updates on one SD card. I have a body and two lenses that required updates. I put all three on a card. The update process gives you a choice of updating a body or lens. I chose body and it did it with no trouble. (Remember to turn off the camera after each update completes.) I then chose the lens update choice. I turned out I had downloaded the wrong file for the lenses I had. It said not file was available for the lens I have. I got the correct file (now I have 4 files on the SD card). It picked the one it wanted and did the update. I changed lenses and did the process again. Again, no trouble.

I suspect that if you had every X-series camera and XF and XC lens that's available, you could still put all the files on one card. The camera seems to be pretty smart about what it needs for what is has.

What do you have to open the file for?

You don’t need to.

Just copy the file on your formatted card and then switch on the camera while holding the “ back” button depressed, then follow the instruction on the camera display. The DAT file is not for you to open but only for the camera and lens to use.

Good luck!

Edited by milandro

Updated my two X-T1 bodies and 4 lenses without issue.

Did some manual focus tests and am pleased to see the change.  It appears the area of focus indicated by the highlights as you move the focus ring has become more narrow, resulting in it being more clear what is in focus.  :)

Thank you Fuji!

I have a fuji 100-400mm lens and while using in manual focus I have to turn the focus ring numerous times before I can get a photo in focus. I don't have this problem with other fuji lenses.   Any suggestions or tips? 

I am sure it says in the book which came with the lens, but there it goes.

“...Located under the iconic red XF lens badge is the focus limit switch, which is essential for many wildlife photographers. Take this scenario for an example. If there was a lion in the distance and grass in the foreground it would make sense to limit the focus past five metres. This is so the lens won’t focus on the grass subject in the foreground, but rather on the lion in the background. The switch features two settings: ‘FULL’ provides a full range of focus, whereas ‘5m-∞’ limits the focus from 5 metres through to infinity.

"

Fujifilm_XF100-400mm_001.jpg?t=146600059