X-Pro2 firmware update Ver1.02

I tried updating firmware from ver. 1.01 to 1.02. The firmware was put on numerous cards and I always get the following error message: Firmware not found in card slot 1. Turn off camera. Any suggestions why this doesn't work. Cards correctly formatted and firmware is 1.02 for X-pro2

The only thing I can think of is to make sure you deleted the previous firmware download file before downloading the current one. If you didn't do that, your computer will append a "-1" or something to the current firmware and the camera won't recognize it.

The only thing I can think of is to make sure you deleted the previous firmware download file before downloading the current one. If you didn't do that, your computer will append a "-1" or something to the current firmware and the camera won't recognize it.

Yes removing old firmware on the computer solved the problem. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Getting the exact same error; tried different cards, switching the slot, removing and re-adding the file. Have checked the filename, checked for other copies... all to no avail. Anyone else had this? I did manage to do a camera firmware update a few weeks back, so I know the process has worked. This time I'm trying to update the firmware on my 90mm Flat 2. Body is 1.02 lens is 1.00.

Edited by Steve Collins

• 5 months later...

that worked for, and delete firmware from SD card and your destination where the file is downloaded from.