Displaying Raw Image Files

Familiarizing myself with my new GFX50sII.  I'm shooting test images in superfine, uncompressed, raw.  I use latest version of Affinity Photo running under Mac Ventura.  Memory cards are formatted.

The images display properly on the camera's LCD screen and appear to import properly into Affinity Photo.  Image meta data indicates size (pixel count), camera setting, etc are correct.

The problem is that the imported image type shown is .jpg and bypasses any raw development stage in Affinity.

Any suggestions?

Hi, knowing Affinity reasonably well. That tells me that the file you’re opening isn’t the raw file.

How are you importing the image into Affinity? My approach through all cameras I’ve owned has always been to use card readers and place images in a folder and open using software, in which case I’m making the selection of what image file to open.

I’ve only come across that problem when using an ‘open with’ or ‘edit with’ option in software such as Photos on a Mac where by default it will send a jpeg rather than raw file.

hope that helps, but without knowing how you are importing the image from your camera into Affinity it’s hard to say much more

Cheers

Andy

• 3 weeks later...