Hello from Cornwall (& RAW advice)

I see, it is like king George the second 

But you preferred George_P

Not kingly for sure, kings and royals have the prerogative to sign with their name ( which sometimes is a chosen monicker too, like for Popes) and they don’t use ordinals but might use the R to  signify their kingly status if indeed are a reigning sovereign.

Edited by milandro

I apologise to MikeG, I'm afraid I jumped in far to quickly(bad habit of mine). I had thought my name was unique, bloody hell of course it isn't!

One day I would like to meet the other MikeG and buy him a beer and have a chat, who knows!

Edited by Mike G

I apologise to MikeG, I'm afraid I jumped in far to quickly(bad habit of mine). I had thought my name was unique, bloody hell of course it isn't!

One day I would like to meet the other MikG buy him a beer and have a chat, who knows!

Absolutely no apology needed, Mike! These things happen. If there is a moral lurking somewhere in this story I guess it must be "Use a random 'Username Generator' when joining anything in internet-land!" By the way, the beer idea sounds good. 

Before this thread got hi-jacked the OP was asking about RAW processors. He's right LR 5.7.1 doesn't support X-T10 RAF's, as it came out just afterwards. Incidentally Photoshop CS6 does support it through ACR 9.1. I've never tried Irident, although I've heard good reports.

I use RawTheapee as my default processor and can't rate it highly enough. It's very powerful and specifically supports X-trans sensors. It can be a bit intimidating at first but stick with it and you get great results - I find the fine detail rendering and tonal subtlety I get is way better than Adobe. I sometimes save as an unsharpend TIFF and then selectively sharpen in Photoshop.

Another RAW processor I used with my Sony (before I saw the light!) was Capture One. It really made my Sony files pop but I wasn't as impressed with the results from my Fuji - your mileage may vary. You can download a trial of Capture One but it is quite processor intensive.

Lasty Silkypix works well as a quick and dirty processor with full compatibility with Fuji's film simulations. I found it a bit clumsy but it has it's fans and it's endorsed by Fuji.

Edited by Scalatron

The problem OP was trying to fix was that I could’t open the X-T10 raw files in the LR version which he has on a 10 year old computer (which might be able, or not, to take other programs that you are suggesting).

ExifChanger should work the treat you modify the Exif to one that LR recognizes and then everything works.

Mike, did you try RAW Therapee? It's free and I like it better than LR5, which I sold.

I've downloaded it & a couple of others such as Iridient Developer and Darktable. At the moment I'm in the process of rationalising & consolidating the photos on my iMac, which are currently spread over the computer hard disk & an outboard disk in a variety of folders. Once I've got that done I plan to turn my attention to evaluating a selection of RAW processors. Having had a quick look, I quite like Iridient Developer & RAW Therapee, so will give them both a good 'road test' soon. I'm also planning to upgrade to a newer iMac soon, so I will also be able to run the newer version of Lightroom.

I'm *thinking* of using mainly Lightroom for day to day use, but using a separate RAW processor for getting the detail out that Lightroom can't. 

Before this thread got hi-jacked the OP was asking about RAW processors. He's right LR 5.7.1 doesn't support X-T10 RAF's, as it came out just afterwards. Incidentally Photoshop CS6 does support it through ACR 9.1. I've never tried Irident, although I've heard good reports.

I use RawTheapee as my default processor and can't rate it highly enough. It's very powerful and specifically supports X-trans sensors. It can be a bit intimidating at first but stick with it and you get great results - I find the fine detail rendering and tonal subtlety I get is way better than Adobe. I sometimes save as an unsharpend TIFF and then selectively sharpen in Photoshop.

Another RAW processor I used with my Sony (before I saw the light!) was Capture One. It really made my Sony files pop but I wasn't as impressed with the results from my Fuji - your mileage may vary. You can download a trial of Capture One but it is quite processor intensive.

Lasty Silkypix works well as a quick and dirty processor with full compatibility with Fuji's film simulations. I found it a bit clumsy but it has it's fans and it's endorsed by Fuji.

Thanks for that. I've had a quick look & play with Iridient & RawTherapee & both look quite good. I'm currently tidying up all my photos which are spread across several files on a couple of hard disks. Once I've got that done I will give Iridient & RawTherapee a thorough comparison. Capture One is out of the question price wise. What I'm thinking of doing longer term, given that Apple have abandoned Aperture, is using Lightroom as my principal photo storage / cataloguing / viewing app, but with the option of using whichever RAW processor gets the best out of the files for editing the best shots; does that sound reasonable?