Shooting tethered to Capture One with X-T10

Just got an X-T10 and looking for a way to shoot tethered to Capture One 9 on a Mac. 

Noticed some old posts from awhile back but figure there must be something in the works. I understand it's more of a street camera but looking into it's capabilities to replace my Canon. 

I don't use Light Room but will if I have to set up a Hot Folder or whatever.

Thx.

I wish I knew a way too. I think Phase One needs to add that functionality into Capture One. So might as well bug them. I use Lightroom for tethering now. Although it shows that Fuji isn't ready for the commercial photography market if it doesn't have tether capability with Capture One. 

Can't be done with the X-T10. The X-T1 is the only Fuji camera which supports any kind of tethered shooting, and that's not with CaptureOne. (And it also doesn't work very well.) This isn't something CaptureOne can sort out; Fuji's the one which has to do something about it.

The closest you can get is to use the HDMI-out to connect to a TV, and review the images on that; of course they won't be in any software until you put the memory card into your computer and import as normal.

Tethered shooting is one of those things Fuji didn't think people would use, because they're a Japanese company and their primary concern is the Japanese market, where tethered shooting hasn't ever really caught on. Same reason they've not cared about video until very recently. Don't expect them to really get on the ball any time soon. The X-T2 is going to have better tethered support, but it's most likely still going to be only for Lightroom and using Fuji's bizarre premium plug-in.

If tethered shooting is important to you, you need to keep hold of your Canon system. (One of several reasons why I maintain both a Fuji kit and a Canon kit, myself.)

Edited by aceflibble

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I totally realize it's a Fuji thing and not a C1. Makes sense since the X-T10 is rather more prosumer/consumer. I suppose I could get an Eye-Fi card and create a Hot Folder but I hear they are pretty slow. Hoping the X-T2 will be smoother for tethering. Have yet to try an X-T1. As long as I can check focus while shooting in a studio atmosphere I'm cool but so much nicer to have the laptop. When shooting a lot of portraits it's easier to name them right away and pic selects with clients.