Going to the beaches of Mexico - which film sim??

bradsarno

I'm heading to the beaches of Mexico next week. It will be my first trip there with the fuji X-trans. What are people's favorite film simulations for sunny days at a white sandy beach, clear Caribbean water, palm trees, some people too, but mostly thinking landscape. 

And within those favorites, any particular shadow, highlight, and saturation settings that really work for people? 

Thanks,
Brad

I just came back from Varadero in Cuba which, I guess, isn’t too different from where you’ll be.

The sun is fierce right now there so, I’ve shot Raw+jpeg ( which I recommend anyway because you can always do anything you want once you are at home)  I shot the jpeg in Astia simulation and my advise to you is to do that too.

Other corrections depend on your taste and what you do with the pictures. 

As said above, shooting raw together with jpeg is always the best option. Raw gives you more options.

Yet, some folks want to have a jpeg ready to use, in this day and age, you do this when you get back to your hotel room, send the image to your phone and then send it on the internet.

It all takes moments.

For more serious things, indeed, proces once you are at home.