135mm lens comparison

Carl Zeiss Sonnar 135/2.8

Fuji X-E1 OOC Jpeg

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

i own the fujica 135 2.5 and an older nikon 135   2.8 that i use   with a first generation speed booster on the  xe2\ xe1

i prefer the fujica   for its lovely render and crispness....  ut the nikon has served indoor without flash  with the speedbooster   in a pinch

I agree about the Jupiter-11, 135mm f4.  Very compact and sharp lens with a creamy defocus.  

Fuji X-a1 with Contax mount Jupiter-11

Hey man, would you mind posting a pic of your lens? (mounted on the camera too, if it's not too much to ask, but not as important)

- I find multiple versions of the lens that are very different looking, so I assume the design might differ as well

The second photo bokeh and the third photo background foliage ... damn ... it looks so old, film-like, and awesome :)

I just had to ask when I saw those! Nice stuff

Thanks in advance, either way :)

Out of these lenses, which would be the most compact?  (including the adaptor)

The OM I assume?

Yes, it might be OM — it's 360g.

I had an Olympus OM Zuiko E.Zuiko Auto ­T 135mm f/2.8. Compact with very good resolution. My Canon FD 135/2.8 has better contrast, though. Otherwise same optical performance.

Here's more about it:

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/olympusom1n2/shared/zuiko/htmls/135mm.htm

This is a test on Canon FDn 135mm f/2.8 vintage lens on Fuji X-A1. 100% crops are from tif file processed from a RAW file using Adobe Camera Raw. Sharpening and NR were zeroed in ACR. The f/2.8 and f/3.4 crops have some contrast added. Otherwise no adjustment done. The test scene had a low contrast so it was quite challenging for the lens.

gallery_1738_164_745450.jpg

I only recently acquired one of the Fujinon 135mm f2.8 lenses after a frustrating attempt to find a Leica Elmar 135  that I could afford, but have to say I could not be happier.  I have adapted it to my X-E2 with a Fotodiox adapter that also has a tripod mount on the adapter.  So I find when I use it with my monopod, it really balances very well.  I'm just starting to use it & here are a few images taken wide open in an effort to test its' sharpness & out of focus results.  Also shown is a snap of the lens mounted on my X-E2.

Hey man, would you mind posting a pic of your lens? (mounted on the camera too, if it's not too much to ask, but not as important)

- I find multiple versions of the lens that are very different looking, so I assume the design might differ as well

The second photo bokeh and the third photo background foliage ... damn ... it looks so old, film-like, and awesome :)

I just had to ask when I saw those! Nice stuff

Thanks in advance, either way :)

Hi Joel, if you want to get a jupiter-11 on a Fuji-x you can either get a LTM39 or a Contax Yashica Mount.  

CY mount use - Nikon(s)-FX adaptor

LTM39 use - LTM-FX adaptor

• 4 weeks later...

i`ve done a little shoot-out (sooc, iso 200, noise 0, sharpness 0, total, crop left upper, crop center) in the german forum between...

schneider kreuznach: tele-xenar 1:3.5/135; 6 blade; m42; adaptor kiwi

at f-stop 3.5 / 8 / 11

voigtländer: color-dynarex 1:4/135; 6 blade; m42; adaptor kiwi

at f-stop 4 / 8 / 11

olympus om: e.zuiko auto-t 1:3.5/135; 8 blade; oly-bajonet; adaptor quenox

at f-stop 3.5 / 8 / 11

...imho the oly is clearly the best of these three.

since i own a mint vivitar series1 1:2.5/90 macro (bokina) this is now my prefered short telephoto lense because of its additional macro capabilities.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My two cents: Minolta AF 135 2.8, all shots aprox. f4 with K&F adapter on a X-T10

25706625044_9b7790dc84_h.jpgDSCF1634 by Manuel Bustos, en Flickr

25705894544_75c55e8f9c_h.jpgDSCF1599 by Manuel Bustos, en Flickr

26286289181_f9adb5e9bb_h.jpgDSCF1716 by Manuel Bustos, en Flickr26265063761_b01617e4d8_h.jpgDSCF1684 by Manuel Bustos, en Flickr25726223384_5360ff09e7_h.jpgDSCF1653 by Manuel Bustos, en Flickr

And for comparison, this is a fujinon XF 60 mm macro. f425730136244_e72f8b3c41_h.jpgDSCF1641 by Manuel Bustos, en Flickr

Both lenses are tack sharp. May be the fujinon xf is even sharper... or not, I couldn't really say

Edited by Palafren

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...