Switching memory card slots on the X-Pro2?

I know I read in a thread somewhere that there is a button that you can hold down to change between slot 1 and slot 2, I just can't find it anymore. Going through the menu to change the slot that is being used is a hassle that I often forget to do which always leads me to think I am missing photos or accidentally deleted some at the end of the day. Can anyone shed some light on this mystery? Thanks.

Also, I like the goofy pull-n-twist ISO dial, and after reading the forums, I think I'm the only one.

• 3 months later...

I've found that switching what card you're viewing in the "play menu" is not too hard and the two suggestions both work for me but I find that when I go back to shooting the change in the play menu has no effect and the camera seems to choose whichever one it favours (both in my case are essentially empty but I want to primarily use slot A for picture taking and B for backup)

i think the question about switching between slots has been sufficiently answered.

I'll just add I also like the ISO dial on the X-Pro2.. however, I won't deny that the old way on the X-Pro1 by pushing a button and setting the ISO while looking though the viewfinder (or back of the camera) was both functionally and ergonomically easier... you just didn't have to move reposition your fingers as much.

Also, I find it will take some muscle memory to get used to the action of blindly lifting and rotating the ISO setting if you want to keep your eye through the viewfinder.. lifting the ISO high enough up so you don't accidentally move your shutter settings which can happen.

and, I wonder if it would have made sense to have added a clicking feel between each ISO setting instead of it being very smooth as it is.. I think that if it clicked like the shutter dial clicks, you could feel the ISO settings change and also know when to release the dial and set the ISO.. as it is, there's no clicking or tactile indication to let you know you've moved the ISO dial to an actual setting position and sometimes when you try to drop and release and set the ISO, it's kind of in between settings or otherwise needed to wiggle the ISO dial more exactly into position. In doesn't take much to do set the dial down in position, but I sometimes feel if it clicked into specific positions, then you could be certain and spend just that fraction of a second or so wiggling the ISO button down in place.

i know, also impossible to change this, but going to both points above about the finicky ISO dial, perhaps additionally, if the ISO dial when lifted where to stay in position when up, then you would both A) less likely be able to move the shutter dial because it is locked up in ISO position, AND, B) to move from one ISO setting to a more extreme setting would require less work as you could more quickly move the dial without have to lift, move a short turn as much as you can, drop the ISO dial, reposition your finger, and lift, move the dial down further towards your intended ISO setting.. When it's little change, not as big a deal, but when you want to go from say 200 to 3200, it can take several of those repeated actions to get to the ISO setting you want. and, once you reached your ISO setting, you need only press the center button to have it unlock from the ISO position and automatically snap back down into normal position (or other wise shutter adjustment position).

Otherwise, I still like and use the X-Pro2's ISO dial as is and think it's mostly cool and works.

• 4 years later...
On 9/5/2016 at 9:07 AM, yankeeinlondon said:

I've found that switching what card you're viewing in the "play menu" is not too hard and the two suggestions both work for me but I find that when I go back to shooting the change in the play menu has no effect and the camera seems to choose whichever one it favours (both in my case are essentially empty but I want to primarily use slot A for picture taking and B for backup)

Yup...I tried this too and it went back to shooting on #2. As I mentioned, this occurred after I forgot to put card #1 in and shot to card #2. It's like it has now defaulted.

Fotomatt

UPDATED...realize this is probably old news. I pulled out card 2 and took a photo. It defaulted back to Card slot #1. Very lame.

Did I mention I hate Fujayjay menus?

Fotomatt

Edited by Fotomatt