Lost X-Pro 2 eyepieces

• 2 months later...

Yes they come off way too easy.  I called Fuji North America and they want $5 for the eyepiece but $15.50 for shipping!  It's almost $23 after taxes.  Crazy!  I luckily found what I thought was a lost one in my bag so I sprayed a little hairspray on it before I put it on.  Seems to hold better.  Time will tell.

If someone wants the part # it's BF00015761-100 - CONST EYE PIECE

I haven't run into the problem (yet) but I like your idea. Surely cheap enough and not hard to remove if necessary. Much rather keep the $23 in my own pocket.

• 1 month later...

I had never lost an eyecup, however I was lured into buying the larger model for eyeglasses wearers (JJC EF-XPRO2G). I thought they were the screw-on type, like on my Nikons, but no such luck.

So, I took the original one off, it broke in the process... well, no big deal, as I was about to replace it by a bigger and better one... but I never could manage to insert it or have it stick properly, and of course there is nowhere on the web where one can find a tutorial for this thing, and the page of the guy's blog is gone... All in all, quite a disastrous experience so far, I would seriously advise people against attempting it, and I don't know what I will do now, with my original eyecup gone and my being incapable of putting a new one in... and I'm not the clumsiest person.

One hour later, I managed to sort of make do with Super-Glue but it looks ugly, the eyecup is slightly slanted, the back glass of the viewfinder got smeared in the process and looks hazy around the perimeter, where some of the glue spilled over when pressure was applied to make the whole thing stick, and keeping my eye to the viewfinder is impossible for more than 10 seconds or so, because of the irritating/burning glue fumes/emanations that are apparently still coming out (for how long? we shall see).

I have also managed to get ahold of the aforementioned blog page, where the guy says prominently that the fit of the JJC eyecups is not good and he doesn't recommend the product... Only wish I had seen this before!

STAY AWAY from all replacement eyecups until Fuji provides a threaded mount, which should be par for the course on an expensive and so-called "expert" mirrorless camera!

• 5 months later...

I've had my XPRO2 more than 2 years and last week the eyecup disappeared while doing some street work in the city. I found a replacement (3rd party JCC I think) and for $18 on Ebay I got 2. I sprayed a little 3M Super 77 adhesive on the back of the ring and it is now holding fast. The 77 is good because you can still remove the eyecup with a little bit of force. Losing the eyecup does not compromise the weather seal.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

First ever complaint about the Fujifilm XPRO 2

My cameras are workhorses, a tool to get the job done, not camera friggin jewellery. The eye cup is a complete disaster an utter nightmare. When I buy a camera the last thing on my mind is to start pigging around with glue or whatever to keep the eye cup on.

Because of this constantly annoying design fault ( 6 eye cups and counting ) I sold a brilliant tool. c'mon Fuji get a grip !

www.sebastianrichphotography.com