Welcome To All DPReview Members!

Let me express my thanks and appreciation to Fuji X Forum for so quickly and decisively picking up the reins from DPReview. Having published a popular online magazine for baby boomers, BoomerCafe.com, for 22 years, I know how hard it is to shutter a site. So, I express only accolades to DPReview for carrying the torch for so long. Now, to fresh and new voices and perspectives at Fuji X Forum.

As a guy who began shoot many decades ago in college and now shooting with a Fuji X-T4 and X-T4, I hope to contribute to discussions.

David Henderson

www.DavidHenderson.com

Arlington, VA

Hello, Bob here, another DPReview orphan. I had canon cameras and a Fuji s7000 back in the day, but after a break from photography, I got back into it with a succession of Nikon cameras...d2h, d2x, d800, d3 and a little V1.

Alongside the Nikons, I had a Fuji x20 and I just loved how it handled and how it's images punched above it's weight...it convinced me that Fuji's were the way to go, so I've sold the V1 and d3, leaving the d800 as my only Nikon, and invested in a X-E1, with 16mm f/2.8, Tonika 56mm f/1.4 and the Fuji 50-230mm..and I've got to say, I'm loving the images I'm getting out of it. Only had it a few weeks, but really starting to find my feet with it now.

Absolutely gutted to be loosing DPReview but glad to have found somewhere where I can pick others brains for info👍

Thanks for having me,

Bob

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the nice welcome.

I'm an old retired guy who shot professionally as a side gig for almost 50 years. I live on the beautiful Central Coast of California. Over the years I've shot large format 4x5, medium format Pentax 6x7 and 645, and Nikon 35mm since 1962. My relationship with Fujifilm started with their medium format film cameras, then to digital in 2006 with the Fujifilm S2, and finally to mirrorless Fuji X starting in 2017 with the X-T20, then the X-T2, and now the X-T4 and the X-S10. I shoot only for fun now--mostly landscapes and wildlife--and I only use these Fuji X cameras which I love.

I am not an ex-DPReview member although frequently read the site. My favorite Fujifilm site is Fujirumors. I just signed up at the X-Forum. I have been a Fuji fan for over 6-7 years and I presently own X-T5 with a variety of lenses. (I again parked my Nikon kit.) I used to use only native Fuji lenses but lately I deviated to third party large aperture prime lenses like Viltrox and Rokinon. It is great to get fresh Fuji news and partake in other people's views. 

Hello to new and old(previous) members of the FUJI forum.  I was a member of the DPReview, and alway looked forward to its new postings..                                  A little history of my photo background;  I bought my first Pentax while serving in Vietnam, 68-69. My younger brother served in the Navy as a Photographer while serving on the Ticonderoga. He told me to "never buy anything but CANONs stuff.  I did buy an "EOS 30D" and played with it for some time, but when PENTAX came out with their first FULL-FRAME beauty, i dumped the canon and for awhile I was mostly PENTAX.                                                                                   A couple of years back i bought a FUJI x-T2, then added an X-T20, from that point on i was a "believer-in-FUJI. I now have quite a variety of fuji lenses and recently bough an X-T5 all good.. I have still a pentax KS2 and my fabulous K1 with many great quality pentax lenses.. I view my self as an avid/dedicated PENTAX photographer, with strong leanings to FUJI..  I do belong to both PENTAX & FUJI forums, neither camera system has ever let me down...WELCOME to all new Fuji forum participants..           Bob Maloney, Flushing, Michigan

LS,

I'am a depreview and Belgium Digital member since 2001. I started digital with a second hand Canon Powershot 600 in 1998. Then several camera's followed, Olympus C2500, E10..... Fuji's S1, S2, S3, Canon's D5, and finally again Fuji .. Currently Xt1, Xt2 and GFX 50S II.

I am not a very active member, but I'm curiously how this forum will be and of course I  will always be curious about developments and contributions. 

with kind regards,

Jan van den Broek

Hi everyone, and thank you for this initiative.

It’s really sad for DPR.

I wasn’t an ‘active’ member, but only a reader.
To me , DPReview was the place with all the tips you required : camera infos , feedback…

I’m not a fuji owner …yet.  But I m planning to be very soon.
For now, I m still with my nikon gear. 

Edited by tilout

Hello everyone!

I've only just picked up a new camera and some lenses after a long time away from the photography game - very saddened to see that DPReview was closing down just as I was getting back into it, but I'm glad that I found this place!

Look forward to lots of discussion about our amazing Fujifilm gear!

Hello everyone! I used to be on DP Review a long time ago when I used to shoot with Nikon DSLR. Sad to see it go. I moved to Fujifilm a couple of years ago - I now shoot with Fuji X T3 with 35mm f2, 10-24 f4. I only discovered this forum because Chris from pal2tech YouTube channel mentioned it and I am so excited to be here. 

Thanks!

Hello everyone!  Was a longtime DPReview reader, but oddly hadn't commented at all until a few months ago - just in time for DPReview to disappear.  Nice to have a place to land, look forward to discussing.

I started with a Nikon D800 around a decade ago, and was talked into the Fuji ecosystem early last year - and have no regrets.  I started out with an X-T30ii, and have since moved to the X-H2S since a great deal of my photography is of my children (who, of course, move constantly and erratically and so the tracking features are essential).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...