Cusom settings issue

Is there a way to save "Exposure/white balance simulation" switch to custom settings? When setting up custom settings bank the parent folder "Screen Setup" is always greyed out...

Funny, just read in the other post " Fuji cameras are known for their custom settings capabilities", or something like that :)

I'd add "...screw ups" to that phrase :) It would be more accurate.

I think you are saying you want to switch between custom settings and change that display setting (as opposed to a setting that affects the recorded image). As far as I know, the display settings persist across all dial positions (PASMC..). The strategy I use is to assign custom settings to modes of using the camera, i.e. landscape, portrait, street, etc. if there are different things I like to do in those modes, I decide where to put modifiers, like face detection, film simulation, etc. You have 3 more choices:  button, the Q menu, My Menu. If you need it instantly (face detection on/off, subject detection) I put it on a button. If I like to be able to see the state because  I change it often, I put it in the Q menu. I only use 8 and it's the things I change the most. MyMenu is where I put the next level of things I change, including most things I change from default so I can verify they are set correctly. 

tl;dr; Put it on a button if you change it frequently, or MyMenu.

• 4 weeks later...

@brianco, Thank you for the advice. That's what I ended up doing, assigned it to the Fn1 button. The issue is still present in FW ver 4.0.

What couldn't they just save all settings currently in effect to C1, C2, ... and then recall them when the wheel is turned into one of the custom modes position. That's all, just a single menu item "Save current settings", and select C number. Instead they have a whole lot of menus and sub-menus. It looks to me it is overly engineered to the point of being unusable. I bet some junior programmer was working on this part, and the supervisor had no time to check on him/her periodically...

I wish the custom settings saved everything also. The exceptions of what it does not save means I don't use them. Could never find a use case where I knew every setting was how I wanted it except what I want to change if that makes sense.   

The advice for using a button and then Q menu for items you need to see the status of is good.