Loading Fuji RAW files into Photoshop Bridge.........

Im a little puzzled with loading my Fuji RAW files into Photoshop Bridge, as the files look slightly muddy?

The camera is set RGB and Bridge is set RGB and yet when the files show up in Bridge, for a few seconds they look ok, then they get changed automatically, to a slightly muddy look, with no contrast and slightly darker? 

Which means i have to manually work on them to bring them back.

Is this the Fuji Provia / velvia etc settings not being seen correctly in Bridge?

Any advise would be helpful.

Im a little puzzled with loading my Fuji RAW files into Photoshop Bridge, as the files look slightly muddy?

The camera is set RGB and Bridge is set RGB and yet when the files show up in Bridge, for a few seconds they look ok, then they get changed automatically, to a slightly muddy look, with no contrast and slightly darker? 

Which means i have to manually work on them to bring them back.

Is this the Fuji Provia / velvia etc settings not being seen correctly in Bridge?

Yes, I think so.  Start Adobe Bridge, open 1 Raf picture, go to the  8th settings page ( there is a camera as an icon ). It's "camera calibration" . Into "camera profile" set Astia/Soft or another fuji profile.  Then "save camera raw defaults"  .

To me, it works .   Next time you open bridge, you should see the thumbnails greyish, then after a second or so, the fuji profile is applied and the thunbnails get a much nicer color.

Yes, I think so.  Start Adobe Bridge, open 1 Raf picture, go to the  8th settings page ( there is a camera as an icon ). It's "camera calibration" . Into "camera profile" set Astia/Soft or another fuji profile.  Then "save camera raw defaults"  .

To me, it works .   Next time you open bridge, you should see the thumbnails greyish, then after a second or so, the fuji profile is applied and the thunbnails get a much nicer color.

Would this effect my Canon RAW Files?

Any advise would be helpful.

Film simulations are only applied when rendering a jpeg in camera. RAW files are not affected by any of the chosen film simulation modes.  

Film simulations are only applied when rendering a jpeg in camera. RAW files are not affected by any of the chosen film simulation modes.  

Then Bridge is having problems with my Fuji RAW as it looks so different to the Canon RAW.......exposer contrast etc, when it first appears is ok but within seconds it looks flat! Would like it to stay........correct!

No IMHO there is no problem, in Lightroom my Fuji Raw files always looks a bit dull too. It's up to me to create the look that I like. If you expect to get that result straight out of camera you should use the jpeg. But I don't have experience with Canon Raw and I don't know if they are acting in differently.

I'm using Lightroom which uses the same raw processing engine. Under the calibration panel, you can choose a profile. By default, LR selects Adobe Standard; try to select another profile. Not sure if the opiton name is the same under bridge but I guess you should find something similar.

http://www.hongweitang.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/camera_calibration_panel.png

With my Nikon, every raw was looking under exposed with bad contrast with Adobe Standard. I don't have enough experience with Fuji yet to see if the behavior is the same, but with this option, you should find all your camera film simulations. The result will not be exactly the same as a jpg coming straight from your camera, but it's a better start than Adobe Standard.

EDIT: I jsut noticed that the same solution was already given by sandrogsp  :)

Edited by sebas1430

I'm using Lightroom which uses the same raw processing engine. Under the calibration panel, you can choose a profile. By default, LR selects Adobe Standard; try to select another profile. Not sure if the opiton name is the same under bridge but I guess you should find something similar.

http://www.hongweitang.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/camera_calibration_panel.png

With my Nikon, every raw was looking under exposed with bad contrast with Adobe Standard. I don't have enough experience with Fuji yet to see if the behavior is the same, but with this option, you should find all your camera film simulations. The result will not be exactly the same as a jpg coming straight from your camera, but it's a better start than Adobe Standard.

EDIT: I jsut noticed that the same solution was already given by sandrogsp  :)

I hand only RAW files over to the different labs in the UK to the States which use Abobe to convert as standard, so we all work on the same page i.e. So they see the a

Xmp files.   Canon RAW files need very little work at RGB Settings from the camera to photoshop.....But the Fuji Files, are so flat, need a lot of work as standard before getting down to the nitty gritty....? Work time as increased!

When I process my raw files, I import them, change the profile, adjust the contrast a tad (and maybe if my exposure was a little off) adjust my exposure a touch.  Each file takes only seconds.

Why are you using Bridge to adjust your Raw files anyway?  If you have Bridge don't you at least have ACR?  I've only used ACR and Lightroom for handling Raw files.

In your original post, you said you wanted to use Provia/Velvia,  You have to change the profile to Provia in order to see its effect on your Raw file.  I usually use Velvia or Monochrome +R, or Classic Chrome.  It's all in the profile on the bottom right in the develop module.