49mm filter for x100t

I've a new x100t w/ lens hood.

The front of the lens looks unprotected from dust entering the gap around the front element so I've decided to put a clear filter on the front to protect it, and I won't need a lens cap either.

Do you recommend a B&W or Hoya clear filter?

Thanks for the responses. I'm concerned about the glare on a flat piece of glass. Do I need to be concerned about the gap between the lens and housing. It seems prone to dust entering or is it sealed, but I don't know for sure.

• 1 month later...

Thanks. After using the camera for a month and a half, I've had to clean the lens from moisture spots and dust many times, and I'm very careful. I think I like the idea of added protection. It's worth a try to see if I have any image quality issues w/ glare and flare from lights w/ night photography.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got the B+W Nano one as well. I like how water just repels off it as opposed to the non-Nano that just leaves a hard water mark and can sometimes be a pain to easily wipe off. the 49mm size is fairly cheap on Amazon. I try to avoid that NYC tax with B&H and Adorama.

Edited by romi.gilles