• Similar Content

• I believe the only way to do this with the X100S is to switch the autofocus button to MF and use the AFL/AEL button. The X100S doesn't have the option for back button focus in AF mode like more recent X series camera models.
    • I don't think its possible - you could do the opposite (keep it on) with some tape - but not sure there is a way to keep it off (although like Jerryy says - it would certainly chew through the battery even if you could)
    • Hello...Could anyone explain, simply, how to set up back button focus on my X100S please..... Just when I think I've got it...it falls down! many thanks Terry
    • Okay, I will ask, how are you able to look at both of them at the same time? Keeping both on at the same time is a battery killer, these two electronic displays are movie camera televisions (monitors) to put it in a different view 😀, keeping them running constantly (continually updating) takes a lot of juice that then cannot be used to get more images. When you use options two or three, the eye sensor is “off”. A simple button push to swap between the two options when you need to use one over the other is fairly easy to do. 
    • I see the distinction now! Thanks, Greybeard, but I still want a switch to turn off the eye sensor and keep the EVF and LCD on.