Lensmate X-Pro2 Thumb Grip

• 4 weeks later...

Neweer(I have purchased solid products from them before) now has a metal thumb grip available on amazon, for ~$15. I purchased two and love the handle I have on my cameras, especially when using a heavier lens. Unfortunately they are not super snug, they probably wont fall off unexpectedly but maybe pulled off if caught on something. I put a little gaffers tape to tighten it and they arent going anywhere. I expect the lensmate thumb grips to have the same issue but these are much more reasonably priced.

heres a link to the amazon page http://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Aviation-Aluminum-Fujifilm-Camera/dp/B01C05X7U2/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1464960293&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=xt-1+thumb+neewer

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered one—due Thursday. Looks really well made. I ordered a soft release, too. I'll report on them after my upcoming weekend getaway.

I've got mine yesterday and can confirm that it is both very well made (even the folding mechnism) and really usefull ergonomically... 

I've got mine yesterday and can confirm that it is both very well made (even the folding mechnism) and really usefull ergonomically...

Really glad to hear it. I've been suffering severe, sharp pains in my arms and hands recently. I don't know if it's arthritis or repetitive motion injury, or both, but it is sometimes pronounced when gripping this (relatively) heavy camera. It lands tomorrow.

Enjoy your grip.

I got one, and have only one complaint and that is it fits too tight in the flash socket. Actually, it's quite hard to remove it. The one they make for X-Pro1 does also have a tight fit, but is rather easily removed for flash photography.

Ah, OK. I've tested it... mine has a tight fit as well, but it's not difficult to remove.

Got mine and I love. Really well designed and made. I'm impressed with the hinged thumb rest, which I don't use much, but it's nice for those who may need it.

I shoot little flash, so removing it is not a concern for me; however, I did notice a small gap where it meets the far and of the shoe. That appears to be a place to fit your fingernail to facilitate removing it.

I prefer the security of a snug fit. If I were removing it regularly, I could see where that would be an irritant.

• 4 months later...