Samyang 24mm f/3.5 Tilt-Shift Lens for Fuji X

Morgo

Hi all,

I'm wanting to get a tilt shift lens to have a play with and take on my trip to Europe later in the year. I have the option of getting a canon one for my DSLR's but would rather something for my fuji kit as this is what I want to travel with.

Does anyone own or used the Samyang tilt shift lens on a fuji? Whats it like?

Tilt shit lenses are certainly a very good tool for all kinds of things but using one that is not meant for APS-C puts you immediately at a disadvantage.

A 24mm on a full format is a very good choice because of its wideangle rendering, definitely great help in architecture photography ( if that’s your goal) but doing the same thing on an aps-c constrains you into normal focal length territory, which is not nearly as useful a tool especially in city architectures.

Unfortunately, due to the format size, there aren’t too many wideangle tilt shift lenses which could be used on an APS-C format offering both the tilt shift and wideagle performance and whatever there is out there is very expensive.

Another possibility would be to buy a tilt shift adapter such as the Kipon and use an appropriate classic full frame wideangle ( Tokina or Vivitar 17mm or Pentax 15mm) on it which offer the necessary image circle.

Edited by milandro