SSD Support

• 2 months later...

I'm surprised it doesn't exist already, was genuinely shocked when I picked mine up.

I'll stick to the Ninja but it would be nice to have SSD support from USB-C direct for a run n gun setup. CF cards are very one dimensional to own in 2023 whereas SSD's are much more versatile and cost effective, it's a bit antiquated to use CF imo.

On 25.04.2023 at 04:57, -Nathan- said:

Я удивлен, что его еще нет, был искренне потрясен, когда взял свой.

Я буду придерживаться Ninja, но было бы неплохо иметь поддержку SSD от USB-C напрямую для настройки run n gun. CF-карты очень одномерны для владения в 2023 году, в то время как SSD гораздо более универсальны и экономичны, использование CF imo немного устарело.

That's for sure. I'm really looking forward to it, since I'm not getting short projects at all, especially since this camera doesn't have a lock for 30 minutes.

• 5 months later...

I asked this question to fujifilm last week and they got back with "While FUJIFILM can’t divulge what will be available in future firmware updates, it is a request that we’ve received multiple times, so hopefully it’s something we’ll see in the near future. It isn’t hardware oriented so that will increase the likelihood."

Hoping it happens soon

9 hours ago, kevin tosi said:

I asked this question to fujifilm last week and they got back with "While FUJIFILM can’t divulge what will be available in future firmware updates, it is a request that we’ve received multiple times, so hopefully it’s something we’ll see in the near future. It isn’t hardware oriented so that will increase the likelihood."

Hoping it happens soon

Thanks for the update - good to know - presumably the SSD would hang off the USB port in the same way as the latest iPhones