Cannot preview Images taken on XT5

Leigh

I have the XT3 and just started using an XT5. My normal workflow is to preview my images on my ipad in the Files app before importing to Lightroom. Files from the XT5 only show up as icons with the file number and size data. No thumbnails and no ability to view the images. I tried previewing in Lightroom instead. The same thing happened in preview mode. Icons only and no images. I could import the files into Lightroom and see the images that way, but I have no idea what I'm importing until it opens. As you can imagine, this is not a viable workflow. Anybody besides me experience this? It's the weekend, so I can't reach Fuji support.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213267

Apple has not yet updated their file system(s) to support viewing X-T5 raw files in the Finder / Files app. Some third party apps which rely on Apple’s background processes will not show the files either.

Usually this does not take a terribly long time to get fixed, but it does depend on Apple getting around to doing that. You might drop them a line.

2 minutes ago, jerryy said:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213267

Apple has not yet updated their file system(s) to support viewing X-T5 raw files in the Finder / Files app. Some third party apps which rely on Apple’s background processes will not show the files either.

Usually this does not take a terribly long time to get fixed, but it does depend on Apple getting around to doing that. You might drop them a line.

I spoke with Apple support yesterday and they acted like deer in the headlights and eluded it was a Fujifilm issue. Do you suppose Adobe is the same in regards to not being updated to support the XT5 files in Lightroom?

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Adobe does say the X-T5 is supported in newer versions of Lightroom, but I do not know if that is only for the desktop versions of LR, Adobe may rely on Apple’s os for the iPad version.

I think you will find large corporations tend to point fingers at each other as to who is at fault, and eventually a fix is sent out. Apple has, in the past, waited to release camera support updates until they release an update that supports a lot of new cameras at the same time. 

Edited by jerryy

12 hours ago, Leigh said:

I have the XT3 and just started using an XT5. My normal workflow is to preview my images on my ipad in the Files app before importing to Lightroom. Files from the XT5 only show up as icons with the file number and size data. No thumbnails and no ability to view the images. I tried previewing in Lightroom instead. The same thing happened in preview mode. Icons only and no images. I could import the files into Lightroom and see the images that way, but I have no idea what I'm importing until it opens. As you can imagine, this is not a viable workflow. Anybody besides me experience this? It's the weekend, so I can't reach Fuji support.

The XT5 images are supported by Lightroom on the iPad - the only place you will see the blank square is when you are importing from the Photos app which doesn't support the XT5. Once the files are imported into Lightroom from Photos you will see them. Apple takes a long time to support new Fujifilm cameras - X-H2 isn't supported yet either (and of course compressed raws aren't supported from any Fujifilm X series camera).

4 hours ago, Greybeard said:

The XT5 images are supported by Lightroom on the iPad - the only place you will see the blank square is when you are importing from the Photos app which doesn't support the XT5. Once the files are imported into Lightroom from Photos you will see them. Apple takes a long time to support new Fujifilm cameras - X-H2 isn't supported yet either (and of course compressed raws aren't supported from any Fujifilm X series camera

Greybeard thank you so much for your response. I went back and realized I had not tried uncompressed files in Lightroom. I had tried both in the Apple Files app, but not LR. I tried the uncompressed after your response and all is good. I can see previews!!! THANK YOU!!! You ROCK!!