My wish list for the successor of the X-Pro1!!

Please, no design changes and, as I mentioned earlier, no ISO dial at the top; it is unaesthetic related to the design of the X-Pro and unnecessary (ISO set per Fn is faster). If you want a more angular design than maybe the X-T1 is something for you.

You don't want a gigantic f1.4 16mm. I can recommend the f2.0 18mm: light weight, small, fast, and relatively inexpensive. Maybe not the best Fujinon lens, but certainly not bad.

Thanks for your input, but I already have the 18mm and it is my least favorite focal length, even if the form factor is nice.  24mm equiv. is more appealing to me, and I want a smaller one than the current 16mm.  Like the new 35mm F2.

I prefer the looks of the Leica, and so if it looked more like a Leica, I'd like the looks better.  Including lenses.  Again, just personal taste.  

The design and ISO dial aren't deal breakers for me.  I've got the X-Pro 1 and am happy enough with the layout and I like how it looks.  I don't expect them to add an ISO dial, but I would like one.

While it might be faster for some people to change iso via an Fn button, it is ALWAYS faster for anyone to verify ISO via a dial when the camera is off or asleep.

The additional knob is part of the film Rangefinder design pallet, which Fuji is already unabashedly mimicking.  See the Leica M3, M4, Various Contax, basically any film rangefinder with a rewind knob, etc.  It is exactly what they did with the ISO dial on the X-T1, so it isn't a wild notion.

Modify the OVF or EVF so that following rapid action sports or events is practical.. My standard is dog agility trials which are much tougher to follow than human events:  20-30 mph in a small area and the ability make nearly instantaneous 90 degree direction changes.  I don't care how Fuji accomplishes this capability, I just want results that will let me sell my Nikon.

Lesser request:  Color selectable focus peaking ( choice of white, blue or red will be sufficient.)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello X-Pro shooters, If there will be a successor of the X-Pro1 is not quite sure, but I hope so.

The beautiful camera design must be the same, but a little smaller would be nice for my (like the size of the X-E1/2).

I don’t like an ISO dial at the top. It is not aesthetic for the design of the X-Pro (ISO set per Fn is fast or probably faster).

The new X-Pro should have:

- 24MP sensor

- 14-bit RAW

- Expanded exposure compensation (at least +/- 3 EV)

- faster processor (EXR III?)

- weather/dust sealing  

- faster & enhanced AF system (like the X-T1 with firmware ver. 4.0)

- mechanical shutter speed up to 1/8000 of a second

- high-speed electronic shutter up to 1/32000 of a second

- improved OVF with real-time parallax correction 

- improved EVF with high refresh rate (like the X-T1)

- 3 inch TILT LCD monitor with 1.23 million-dot

- Q-menu customization

- interval timer shooting

- face detection

- eye detection

- USB charging and battery charging

- dual slot

- WiFi

Not essential for me!

- advanced filters

- movie recording

Pretty much this:

And I'll add:

- A super battery saver mode, customisable so that when you switch to OVF, you only have the most basic OVF.

- Coupled with that, a set of sharp 1.4 manual focus only primes, with excellent dof scales. Only 3 versions, like a 28, a 35 and a 50. A street photographers dream kit. Make it f2's if you have to, but keep them small.

Oh, and please Mr. Fuji, give those of us who want it, blinkies, or zebra's, or whatever, so we can actually judge overexposure correctly. My Olympus had this, and it's the only feature I really miss...

• 4 weeks later...

Hello X-Pro shooters, If there will be a successor of the X-Pro1 is not quite sure, but I hope so.

The beautiful camera design must be the same, but a little smaller would be nice for my (like the size of the X-E1/2).

I don’t like an ISO dial at the top. It is not aesthetic for the design of the X-Pro (ISO set per Fn is fast or probably faster).

The new X-Pro should have:

- 24MP sensor

- 14-bit RAW

- Expanded exposure compensation (at least +/- 3 EV)

- faster processor (EXR III?)

- weather/dust sealing  

- faster & enhanced AF system (like the X-T1 with firmware ver. 4.0)

- mechanical shutter speed up to 1/8000 of a second

- high-speed electronic shutter up to 1/32000 of a second

- improved OVF with real-time parallax correction 

- improved EVF with high refresh rate (like the X-T1)

- 3 inch TILT LCD monitor with 1.23 million-dot

- Q-menu customization

- interval timer shooting

- face detection

- eye detection

- USB charging and battery charging

- dual slot

- WiFi

Not essential for me!

- advanced filters

- movie recording

In my opinion, the real successor for X-Pro 1 must be a fullframe X-Trans CMOS sensor (36mp is good enough for me) based with all-new FF lenses (35/1.4, 50/1.4 and 85/1.4 for my tastes would be enough for the start). 

It must be the same rangefinder-like body with all-new Hybrid OVF with real-time parallax correction. Shutter speed must be 1/8000 indeed. AF must be as good as XT-1 with 4.00 frameware. New processor would be a must indeed.

Things that are not necessary for the rangefinder style camera: weather resistant body, dual card slots, movie recording, tilting screen, touchscreen, 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks, I'm new here but a long time Fuji shooter (since the S2 pro) I published an article on my site about this very topic

a summary:

Dual SD card slots, accessed on the side.

Better high ISO and DR, increased resolution is secondary.

Weather  sealing...Meh.

Maybe back to Bayer, with no AA filter (everyone else is doing it).

I would value the forum members thoughts, either here or at the blog.

Henry F. Smith Jr.
Full article at http://henrysmithscottage.com