X-H2s - Mic volume ignores memorized setting. (???)

I'm a videographer. I have an internal and external micro configured in Manual -30db mode (low sensitivity).
Every time I turn on the X-H2s, the micro works in Automatic mode (image 1), ignoring the saved manual adjustment, being necessary to enter the volume adjustment menu (image 2), not changing anything, then exiting again to for Manual mode to work (image 3).

I compared two clips in an editing program (image 4), the first one on the left, I didn't go to the micro's menu. In the second, from the right, I went to the menu and came back.

It also happens with an external microphone. I have a extrenal wireless microphones and this manufacturer recommends reducing the camera input volume so that the sound does not clip.

Please, help me, because it's very annoying to have to change the menu every time I turn on the camera, a bigger problem if I forget.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by RuiBit

I already have the solution!! :)) Check it out!...

Until now I had the camera in these settings:

video mode:
Internal Mic Level Adjustment: -30dB
External Mic Level Adjustment: -30dB

Photo mode:
Internal Mic Level Adjustment: AUTO
External Mic Level Adjustment: AUTO

What did I modify?:

video mode:

Photo mode:

Easy Pisy

Now, when I turn on the X-H2s, the micro is immediately in Manual mode, in my case, with low sensitivity.

I hope this experience of mine helps you in a similar case! Well act everyone, and like this thread, THX

• 4 months later...

Fantastic, RuiBit!

I have a similar problem: I always use the videocamera through the C1-C7 presets: I set the camera volume to the proper manual value for my ext mic and stored it in the Cx config; everything ok up to switching off.

Then, switching on, the camera went to -30 dB even if the menu value was the right one!

Simply by touching again the value in the menu, the volume set properly, up to the next switch off.

Thanks to your hint, I went in the Video position of the PASM wheel and discovered that the volume was set to -30 dB: every time the X-H2s was switched on, it gets these settings, not the settings of the Cx's!

Now I set the volumes of both the Video position and the Cx positions to the correct value and it goes fine!

It's a fault of Fujifilm: a FW debug is neccesary.

A big thanks to you!