New X-T5 freezing when pressing display button

JoseDiaz

Hi!

I just got my new X-T5 and seems like whenever I press the display button the camera freezes and stops responding. Not even turning the camera off works and I have to remove the battery.

Does anyone know a way to fix this? Or anything that might cause this problem?

The firmware version is the 1.00.

Thanks!

What do you mean by the 'display button'?  Do you mean the Menu/OK button, Disp/Back button, or the Play button?

It could be something to do with card compatability or a card error if it's the latter.  Useful to know what the cards are, whether you formatted them in camera.  I might not know the answer but someone else might

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2022 at 7:53 PM, JoseDiaz said:

Hi!

I just got my new X-T5 and seems like whenever I press the display button the camera freezes and stops responding. Not even turning the camera off works and I have to remove the battery.

Does anyone know a way to fix this? Or anything that might cause this problem?

The firmware version is the 1.00.

Thanks!

Jose, any update with your issue?

My camera is back to Fujifilm for them to identify the problem. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just took my new T-X5 out of the box and it froze after I took my first picture. No matter what button I pressed, the screen was frozen on the picture. I even turned it off and the screen was still frozen. I had to take out the battery.

Same issue was replicated when I press the playback button or zoom into the picture during playback. I am trying to find some answers online but how infuriating. I already had to return to my camera store today because the first one had an internal crack on the screen. 

• 11 months later...

Hey JoseDiaz,

Did you manage to fix this issue or did you just have to return it / get a new one?

I recently purchased an XT5 with the exact same issue; happens every time I press the ▶️ button without fail.

I've updated to the latest firmware but that hasn't helped.

It doesn't happen when I press the ▶️ button when there's no SD card in the camera, so I think it might be my SD card? It's SanDisk Extreme PRO 256GB 90MB/s UHS-I V30, which for just pictures is surely fine?

I've just ordered a ProGrade 256GB UHS-II so we'll see if that improves things, but I'm doubtful.