Upgrade to XH2 or X-T4 from X-T30?

molocono

I’ve owned a X-T30 for several years and I’m in need of an upgrade. The main thing I’m looking for is an articulating screen as I do a lot of videos for my YouTube channel. Wondering if I should get the X-T4 which is $150 off right now or go for the XH2. 

I don’t do any pro work, mainly just photos of family and friends, and travel. On the video side it’s all YouTube videos of me speaking to camera and simple b-roll. 

I do own an Atomos Ninja that I use with the X-T30, but I mainly bought it as a display rather than a recording device. 

Edited by molocono

Just got the X-H2 yesterday and really love the grip and the news lens AF is very fast in comparison to the X-T20 I gave to my wife. If you don't care about the grip, the huge 40mp sensor, the fast autofocus then the X-T4 is good enough especially with the price. Initially I'd rather get the X-T4 but the price here in the Philippines is just outrageous and they don't have body only imagine paying approximately 2,100.00 converted to USD while the X-H2 only costs approximately 150 dollars more than the X-T4 with Kit Lens.

5 hours ago, TheKahuna said:

I got the X-H2 in October shortly after it was released as an upgrade to my X-T2, and I am often shocked by just how amazing the 40 Mb sensor is. The upgraded autofocus is topnotch too. The X-H2 will be a camera you can use for years and years.

Yes, I feel you here the autofocus is amazing. I'm sure the body and features will last years too but hopefully the screen does as well :) I heard lots of people saying that the screen is less durable than that of the XT1,2,3 and 5 but lets see.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the X-T30 II and recently added an X-T4. I especially like the controls on the X-T4 with more dials for less menu hunting. I also like the physically larger body.

If it's articulating screens you want, it definitely has it, and I find it convenient and versatile.

No experience with the XH2.