Xt-5 My first camera

andy1978

Hi.

Just bought my first camera, xt-5. Maby not the easiest first camera, but I take my time. Maby I will ask more questions later in this topic.

Can u control the zoom of the lens with the camera somehow or is it always manual zoom on the lens?

I love to zoom, so I bought a 150-600mm lens(also hane16-80mm and tamron 18-300). If I buy a teleconverter x2, how bad will the picture outcome be? Or will it be decent for an amateur?

Is there any teleconverter that works with both 150-600 and tamron 18-300?

Have a good day...

• 4 weeks later...

I'm new to the XT5 myself but one of the beautiful things about the XT line is that you can place everything on Auto, then adjust want you want from that starting point.  I think of Auto as the sensors trying to get a clear image.  Its up to you to decide what you want to highlight or create a certain affect.

I'm not sure if there are motorized Zoom lenses but at least most of them are not.  If you love seeing loads of detail then zoom away.  But realize that you will be compressing your field of view the more magnification you use.  So its trickier to nail focus where you want it.  Of course lots of magnification will also also magnify any mistakes in exposure, focus, and camera shake.  Just start shooting, you will see.