X-T1 Image Stabilization

TonyCr46

The X-T1 camera menu has options for Continuous and Shooting image stabilization. The XF series lenses have a stabilization switch. It is always recommended that you turn off the switch when shooting on a tripod. I just got an XC lens, which has no switch. The reviews on web sites say you use the camera settings. With no option in camera for an off, any recommendation about what to do when IS is not wanted?

Thanks.

Tony

This is another case of reading the manual or at least go through the menu.

There is an option in the menu to switch IS (Image stabilization) off.

The first option of Menu 5. This is automatically inactive if you use a lens without any stabilization.

If you use a lens with stabilization but no external switch for it, you put it on off ( I have the 50-30 which requires me doing this this way).

Otherwise you leave it always on and reach for the control on those lenses which offer it to you.

Problem solved but really it is all there.

Good Luck!

I have the same camera and the same firmware,  I can only tell you that my camera does have this option , including off, with my XC 50-230.

Unless something is broken in you lens ( or a contact is dirty) and it isn’t in mine, I don’t see how this would be different on both cameras. I can only tell you that if you don’t have to possibility to switch it off in menu 5 then there is something wrong with something but I am pretty sure that what I described is the correct way in which this is supposed to work, so does it with my camera and lens and is exactly what it says in the manual too because it has never been different.

Edited by milandro

Interesting. The XC must be mounted before the menu option Off is available. I was looking at the menu with the XF mounted and the Off option wasn't there. Smart camera.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

If you don’t have any XC lens, you cannot see this because the camera knows you have a switch on the lens.

The camera senses the type of lens you have on, the IS option is not allowed, for example with manual lenses or adapters.

When you mount a XF lens and you enter the menu the next screen is ( I am translating since my menu is in another language) continuos, single shot AND on/off

Interesting. The XC must be mounted before the menu option Off is available. I was looking at the menu with the XF mounted and the Off option wasn't there. Smart camera.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Well, that sounds logical to me. Why display an option that is not available?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk