Set aperture manually

This is an interesting question - I thought it must be in the camera manual - but it isn't (presumably all the available lenses had aperture rings when the manual was written).

The lens manuals have a link that supposedly goes to the answer - but the link doesn't go to the answer.

The FAQs for the X-Pro1 tell you how to do it for the X-T30.

This is the closest I've found - but its badly written and the applicable footnote (*3) doesn't exist.

https://digitalcamera-support-en.fujifilm.com/digitalcameraengpcdetail?aid=000004651

Just a hunch here, as maybe an extension to Greybeard's thoughts.

Fujifilm does a good job integrating their product line. They tend to keep compatibility current between older-to-newer products through firmware updates, but they don't always do so very explicitly.

Which leads me to wonder... what firmware version do you have in your camera and lens? Are they both up to date?

I read through the X-Pro1 firmware update history, but saw no mention of adding the aperture adjustment to accommodate ringless lenses, but I can't imagine this as an oversight. Surely someone tried to use an XCxx lens on an X-Pro1 before now.

Edited by itchy shutter finger
further thought