X-Pro 2 Firmware Request List

I just double checked, changed 23mm for 56mm and vise versa and it didn't change magnification automatically.

Edit: Okay, it changes only if camera remains turned on, when the change occurs. Which is odd, I usually change lenses when the camera is off.

Edit 2: Now, when it changed couple of times being turned on, it started to change every time regardless of being turned on or off. This is really odd, it wasn't changing at all before that, I'm not insane. :wacko: And it appears I'm not the only one who had this problem. Maybe there is another reason why it didn't change before, I'm not sure anymore.

Edited by hiZis

I just double checked, changed 23mm for 56mm and vise versa and it didn't change magnification automatically.

Edit: Okay, it changes only if camera remains turned on, when the change occurs. Which is odd, I usually change lenses when the camera is off.

Edit 2: Now, when it changed couple of times being turned on, it started to change every time regardless of being turned on or off. This is really odd, it wasn't changing at all before that, I'm not insane. :wacko: And it appears I'm not the only one who had this problem. Maybe there is another reason why it didn't change before, I'm not sure anymore.

I 'cured' mine by the same method - now it's been working like it should for three month … 

Wishful Firmware Request Updates:

1. Allow "Viewfinder Mode only" to use "Menu setting" on the Main LCD Display and not in the Viewfinder. It's too tiny to do all that.

I understand there is eye sensor mode but, I dont need the Main LCD to always be running when my eye is away from the viewfinder to save batteries.

2. The option to turn off the "Blinking read LED light." Ricoh Digital GR II allows to have this option and I LOVED it!.  It allowed me to take photos in dark places without giving away my position or attracting attention. Good useful for Street.

3. Whenever you turn on the camera or wake it from sleep mode the photos are super over exposed when you take a quick snap after turning it on. Currently, I would let the camera warm up when I turn it on but this defeats the purpose of quick on time if you still have to wait.

4. Why is the min ISO 200 when in auto ? Please give it the option to set min to ISO 100 for auto Range.

Shooting indoors during a live stage show I have found myself wishing for the ability to assign settings to buttons that can be toggled between two related values of my choosing. For example,

1. Eye focus (both eyes) on <---> Eye focus off
  2. Drive Still image  <---> Drive Continuous 8fps

Although I got by using the menus, it would be so much easier with a single button press

In the various b/w modes, it would be nice to have other colour filters available e.g. orange. Or perhaps allow one to choose from a colour wheel as IRC you can on Olympus cameras

Edited by jhjl

- Custom setting to decouple exposure lock with half press of shutter button. Right now exposure is always locked (and aperture stopped down) in AF-S and AF-C mode when shutter is half pressed 

- Improve AF algorithm to give more priority to the closest objects instead of an object with higher contrast (i.e. background)

Wishful Firmware Request Updates:

1. Allow "Viewfinder Mode only" to use "Menu setting" on the Main LCD Display and not in the Viewfinder. It's too tiny to do all that.

I understand there is eye sensor mode but, I dont need the Main LCD to always be running when my eye is away from the viewfinder to save batteries.

+1

Shooting indoors during a live stage show I have found myself wishing for the ability to assign settings to buttons that can be toggled between two related values of my choosing. For example,

1. Eye focus (both eyes) on <---> Eye focus off
  2. Drive Still image  <---> Drive Continuous 8fps

Although I got by using the menus, it would be so much easier with a single button press

In the various b/w modes, it would be nice to have other colour filters available e.g. orange. Or perhaps allow one to choose from a colour wheel as IRC you can on Olympus cameras

I'd like the Camera presets to include any parameters the user chooses... then you could have a variety of saved camera states and put 2 (C1 plus C4 for example) on a Fn button.