Survey: Most Used Fuji Lenses

FX Admin

Most Used Fuji Lenses (max. 2)  

1,333 members have voted

1. 1. Which Are your 2 Most Used Fuji Lenses?

• XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS
    • XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS
    • XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS II
    • XF 16-55mm F2.8 R LM WR
    • XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
    • XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR
    • XF 50-140mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR
    • XC 50-230mm F4.5-6.7 OIS
    • XC 50-230mm F4.5-6.7 OIS II
    • XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
    • XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR
    • XF 14mm F2.8 R
    • XF 16mm F1.4 R WR
    • XF 18mm F2 R
    • XF 23mm F1.4 R
    • XF 27mm F2.8
    • XF 35mm F1.4 R
    • XF 35mm F2 R WR
    • XF 56mm F1.2 R
    • XF 56mm F1.2 R APD
    • XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro
    • XF 90mm F2 R LM WR

... 23 f2 ...

No, seriously, it would have been interesting to see the 23 f2 of the X100 line included here to see how many people are still actively using it. My feeling is many own an X100 series in addition to an ILC but another feeling is that its usage has gone down as the performance gap between X100T and X-T1/X-E2/X-T10/X-Pro2 has widened. We used to see a lot more X100* shots in the TOTS posts on FR.

It's time for Fuji to finally release the beast!

I own the 18mm f/2, 27mm f/2.8, 35mm f/2 & 56mm f/1.2

I voted for the 18mm f/2 & 35mm f/2.

I actually feel the 18mm has actually been the most used lens in my collection.  It is very versatile and have found it indispensable for most situations I am in which are tight cramped quarters such as restaurants, home interiors, business interiors & street photography.

I thought I would be using the 35mm on a recent trip to Hong Kong, but the 18mm was the best... if you know Hong Kong, it's primarily tight and cramped quarters... even in the most open areas, you will want a wider angle lens to capture the cityscapes.. in addition, when you're in a city with so many people all over the place nearly all the time, you really don't have much opportunity to use longer focal lengths as too many people will run into your shots.. have to close the gap to prevent that with a wider angle lens.

I have recently purchased the 27mm f/2.8 very recently.  I am feeling this may get usage as one my most used lenses. I really like the 40mm-ish 35mm equivalent focal length.  It makes for a great standard lens, not too tight which I find the 35mm can be, and not quite as wide like a 35mm can appear.  I strongly feel in general, for me, a 40mm focal length is "normal" viewing angle.  It's different for everyone, and I think it boils down on how you personally view the world.. your focus.. if you're focused more intently more often, then a 50mm will look normal to you.. conversely, if you tend to expand your focus to take in more of your world, then a 35mm will seem more normal for you.

I like Tony & Chelsea's recent discussion about the eye versus lens talk they have on youtube.  I think somewhere in there they talk about "normal" perspective and focal length and how there's no definitive focal length that is classified as normal since are minds composite images together all the time.. if you were to take into account your periphery, then normal vision could be like 15mm.  Anyways, here's the link. 

Going back to lenses, I am hoping Fuji will release a similar design like their 35mm f/2 in 23mm f/2 form soon.  I'd definitely wouldn't mind getting a more compact & weather sealed version of the 23mm if it's only 1 stop slower than the current f1.4 version.

Edited by Wing0949

For me with my X-T1:

1st) XF 35 F2

2nd) XF 18-135

But this a "short" vote as I'm nearly using too quite as much too my XF 16 F1.4 as both 3 are WR and as I'm going out a lot with them ;-)

Can't wait for a XF 23 F2 WR... as it will go to my top 4 most used and favorite XF lenses...

From the moment I get a XF 23mm/2 it will be my most used Fujinon lens. I sold my XF 23/1.4 to get the XF 23/2 when it will be awailable. The 1.4 is too big! And at that focal lengt, I didn't like the fokus ring. That kind of fous ring is OK on the 14mm, but not at 23mm the way I use the camera. I like to use the camera at M and get AF with the button at the back of the camera. Then I can fine tune the fokus without needing to pull the ring back and forth. :)

18f2 & 35f2 are my most used Fujinons, followed very close by 27f2.8

But, my most used focal lenghts are 35 & 50. Being legacy lenses which cover the 50 because of the lack of a reasonable size-weigth-wise Fujinon offer in this focal length.

Besides 23f2 would be desirable a 45-50 f2 with a compact volume and weight.

• 3 weeks later...

At first it was the 35/1.4 100% (unless you count legacy lenses). I got it with the Xpro1 and, even though I intended from the start to get another lens, I think it took a year or so before I did. If I could have only one lens, it would be the 35 f1.4.

Since I got the 16mm f1.4 and the 56mm APD f1.2, I tended to use the 16 the most, followed by the 56 with the XP1. The 35 saw far less use unless I wanted to travel light with only one lens.

Now that the XP2 has arrived, I find my preference is the 35 with Acros when I'm just going out for fun :). But this is recent enough that I would still say 16 followed by 56, which is my ideal combo for more serious efforts.

23mm 1.4

18-55mm 2.8-4

60mm 2.4

---

"ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous

• 2 weeks later...

As a new X-Pro 1 user I have only taken 1700 odd pictures with it. As the I bought it when Fuji were offering 3 lenses plus an X-Pro 1 for the price of the three lenses (18mm, 27mm and 60mm primes) I tend to use the 18mm most and a 14mm I bought separately second most.

Edited by Dave Rosser

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The "site that shall not be named" currently has an entry linking to "ExploreCams" where you can find camera / lens combinations ranked by popularity.

The rankings are based on 500px photos, so real usage data. More reliable than a forum poll, in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...