Tethered shooting X-T30/X-T30 ii

Cody Lê

Is it possible to use the USB port of the Fujifilm X-T30 mark ii for anything more or less useful in terms of taking photos and/or videos remotely from a computer?

After I bought the camera. I was a bit disappointed to find out that this particular model did not support tethering, i.e. taking pictures remotely from a computer, even my old Canon, Nikon cameras could do this. The Fujifilm smartphone app connecting via Bluetooth and the camera's own WiFi is pretty bad, unreliable, slow.

Hoping for fujifilm to release tethered shooting for xt-30/xt-30 ii soon

You will not be able to directly use this as a tethered shooting camera, Fujifilm saves that for the single digit X-T line (X-T2, X-T3, X-T4, X-T5).

You can do this in two steps though, use the Remote app to shoot a batch of images, then plug in the USB C cable to your computer and copy those over. Unplug and repeat. When you connect the USB C cable, the camera thinks you are going to transfer data and switches to that mode.

.https://fujifilm-dsc.com/en/manual/x-t30/connections/computer/index.html

https://fujifilm-dsc.com/en/manual/x-t30/menu_setup/connection_setting/index.html

Though it may be just as easy to shoot the images and use a card reader to copy them over to the computer.

• 5 months later...

What's the point of having USB AUTO/FIXED modes in the camera settings if I can't use them in any way? I bought the camera yesterday, and today I'm thinking about taking it back. How can such a company make such great hardware and such bad software at the same time? It takes about two minutes to turn on the transfer to the smartphone, and the transfer to the MAC immediately after the picture is impossible, I can't believe it. Is it really that hard to implement? It works in almost all cameras, and in this one, even though the firmware is almost identical. I am very disappointed.