Full articulated screen on X-H2 | YES!

DavidJohn

I snapped these in the forest today, thanks to the fully articulated screen on my H2.  I was able to just reach down and hold the camera down a few inches from the ground, and, using autofocus, just look at the screen, compose the photo, and push the shutter.

Kneeling down to get the shot would be much more difficult (not so much the kneeling part, but the getting up part!), and I likely wouldn't have bothered.

33mm f1.4.   1/160 sec.  f5.6  1250 ISO

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

10 hours ago, DavidJohn said:

Hmm.  I guess you're right.  I've never had a tilting screen before. 

Have just switched from a manual focus rangefinder, so this is a new concept for me.

OK fair enough - if you follow the various Fujifilm forums discussion of tilting vs flippy screen is a sensitive subject - people have strong preferences. I like the tilting screen but rarely take selfies or use the camera for Youtube like videos so don't need it to completely rotate.

On 10/29/2022 at 11:57 PM, Greybeard said:

Wouldn't it have just as easy with the old style (X-T3) tilting screen (without the screen being off to the side of the camera)?

Actually I believe with the 3-way tillt you could get the Sensor/Camera CLOSER to the ground - allowing a more level staight-on shot.  Not possible with the Articulating screen as it gets in the way of the ground flipped out all the way.