Is there way to shoot video with slow shutter on Fuji cameras. Tried all sorts of solutions but can´t get below 1/25

petlloyd

So what I want to do is shoot video with slow shutter speeds. Shutterdrag is an other word for it. 1/8, 1/4 and so on. Tried all solutions but the right one.

Tried to set the camera in stills mode to for example 1/8 but when I switch to videomode the shutter speed goes to !/25 and I can´t get slower. Has anyone got an idea or solution?

Regards Peter

My hacked Panasonic GH2 does slowshutter

https://fujifilm-x.com/global/products/cameras/x-t3/feature-movie-recording/#:~:text=The FUJIFILM X-T3 is our first model that,200Mbps bitrate recording when shooting 4K%2F60P 4%3A2%3A0 10bit.

Scroll down to the Movie Recording section, the speeds are listed in the chart. I will not be in a good place to try this for the X-T30 for several days, but you may be able to try it there as well. Just change the movie compression type and see what happens. The chart lists speeds down to ¼ second.

Edited by jerryy

Well I´m not the greatest fan of Fujis menus. It seems like the xt-30 does n.ot allow you to change video compression. No  intra or Long GOP. I checked xt-30 II on the link you sent me  jerryy and cat that the mark 2 can do it either.  It seems like none of my cameras does slower than !/25 or 1/24. Irritating! The xt-1 has very few settings at all but it´s a great stills camera. I have not tried 10bit on the xt-30 though...

Any other good advice, someone? ( I spent an enormous amount of time trying to make the xt30 cooperate for an project, my old Panasonic saved me!

Regards Peter

• 3 months later...

After trying all sorts of solutions, I'm still not able to get below 1/25th shutter speed for shooting a music video on my Fuji camera. I'm starting to think that there may not be a way to achieve this on this model of camera. I've read about some creative solutions that involve using ND filters or exposure compensation, but I'm not sure how much of a difference that will make. I'm also considering renting a different camera with a slower shutter speed, but that is a last resort. Until then I film on my iPhone 14 pro and post my videos on TikTok. I became pretty addicted to this social media but I guess it's good because posting constantly will help me reach more people. SocCeleb is helping me a lot with that.

Edited by DonmikoF55

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2023 at 6:09 PM, DonmikoF55 said:

After trying all sorts of solutions, I'm still not able to get below 1/25th shutter speed for shooting a music video on my Fuji camera. I'm starting to think that there may not be a way to achieve this on this model of camera. I've read about some creative solutions that involve using ND filters or exposure compensation, but I'm not sure how much of a difference that will make. I'm also considering renting a different camera with a slower shutter speed, but that is a last resort. Until then I film on my iPhone 14 pro and post my videos on TikTok. I became pretty addicted to this social media but I guess it's good because posting constantly will help me reach more people. SocCeleb is helping me a lot with that.

Works for me.  Try shooting ProRes (that's what I shoot everything in).