X-H2S doesn't have display markers for different aspect ratios

• 3 weeks later...

This camera needs a lot of fixes and video features. It is very expensive for apc video centric camera and doesn't have anything video-centric as software feature,  also is extremely sharp even the sharpness is set to -4 and it looks very digital even with vintage lenses. I feel pretty bad buying it because the hype was that this camera is good for video . 

Autofocus very  bad and unreliable in video, stabilisation really bad for video and worse then x-t4 (tested with many lenses ), while recording you can't change anything even simple stuff like WB lock. Manual focus peaking option is terrible, you can't really see anything that makes sense sometimes you get this small red dots everywhere ....so it's very unusable, also I couldn't find a way to have button for clean feed on the viewfinder so if you are  in manual focus and have peaking on everything is red and you can't see the actual image from the viewfinder. No waveform, no false colors, no shutter angle nothing video centric . People say that it has better dynamic range but in real live is not much different than bmpcc6k pro and the highlights rolloff is way way better in bmpcc camera. Also it seems that highlights rolloff in bmpcc is not better just because of the 12bit braw and highlight recovery, because the footage I've seen from this x-h2s braw looks worse and still looks over sharpened when compared. I really hope is not related to the sensor ....

So if they don't fix all of that this camera is no no for video. It is very very important Fujifilm to remove any possible sharpness that may be happening under the hood. It seems that sharpness set to -4 does nothing !!!! I can kind of find a workaround to the missing video features but if the final image looks too sharp and digital there is no really workaround to that! Some of the fotages I've seen look like coming from phone even gopro looks softer than this .(Could be also related to flog2 gamma curve versus flog but haven't test it yet.BTW the conversion LUT to rec.709 on fuji site makes things even worse so use CST in davinci  from rec.2020,Arri Log-C3 to rec.709 it makes things a little bit better until davinci supports flog2 ) .  Also I was hoping that the braw would be an option but people complain even for that . Never tried it myself.  Yes the camera is OK for photo but then if I want photo I can find great full frame for similar price or I would buy x-t5 . I hoped that since this camera is advertised as Fujifilm flagship videocentric camera that will have better video features but the reality is that currently is far from that . 

Again....Please remove that digital sharpness it looks really bad for the rest I can wait :) 

Edited by tmarinov