Play between XT10 and Lens disconnects viewfinder

Armagh

I have the new 100-400 lens on my XT10 and really am enjoying it but one frustrating thing is that, when you zoom the lens either way, the connection between lens and body has enough play to disconnect the viewfinder and presumably all electrics.

One minute you are zooming from 100 to 400 and the next the viewfinder goes black until you zoom a bit the other way again to reconnect. The stiffness of the zoom is probably a contributory factor. I'm sure I'll live with it but it is annoying and not really something that should happen.

Probably hard to tell if the fault likes with the lens mount or the camera mount!

Anyone else noticed the same on XT10 or XT1?

I have a similar problem with a 100-400 and an XT1. There is play between the lens and camera. This is causing auto focus and ois problems as well as blacking out the evf. I have ensured that the lens has clicked into place. I am not sure whether the lens or camera is at fault.

Having investigated further I find that recent photos despite being correct according to the evf and histogram are very under exposed. I have fitted an 18-135 and this also has play. Not impressed with quality control. This camera is 3 months old and not much used.

• 1 month later...

Update!

I sent it and camera back and had them back fixed within a week. Camera also developed an issue around the time which may have been my own fault but all fixed free. Fuji even sent me packaging to send them back so didn't cost me a penny.

Very good service which would give me the confidence I needed to continue investing in the system. Being a member of Canon cps, I was used to a quick repair turnaround so pleased to see Fuji can compete.