I just couldn't find the right strap for my Fuji X-E1. The hand crafted leather ones look so great, but they tend to be a bit skinny and uncomfortable on a long hot day, especially with a heavier lens on it. Many of the comfy straps just have too many buckles and adjusters and clutter. So I went to the local outdoors sporting goods store and headed to the rock climbing department. I bought 5-feet of 3/4" black webbing at 37-cents per foot. Then at the hardware store I bought a pair of chrome steel key rings. 

I took one end and cut the corners round. Then I folded it in half and used a lighter to melt it together in that folded position. Then I took a small soldering pen that I use for electronics work and melted a perfectly round hole right thru it. I took a small cutter to snip away any stray nylon after the soldering iron melted the hole. Then I ran the key ring thru the hole and then mounted it on one side of the camera. Then I ran the webbing over my neck and held the camera at the exact length I wanted it to hang. Then I cut the other end of the nylon webbing - committing to the length at this stage. Then I did the same end treatment to the other end and hooked it on the camera. Viola. 

This is the perfect strap for me; perfect length, very comfortable, very easy to wrap around my hand for wrist-strapping, no adjusters or buckles to get in the way. And all for about $3.25 and 10 minutes of work. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

more pic's

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

if I were you I would put an eyelet in the whole that you’ve burnt. Eyelets are easy to set and they cost almost nothing.

That will make your strap safe and last forever.

As for inexpensive strap, some cost less than $2 shipped to you and are way safer.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pcs-Vintage-Color-Hippie-Style-Durable-Cotton-Camera-Neck-Shoulder-Strap-Belt-for-Canon-for-Nikon/32463696356.html?spm=2114.30010308.3.1.sPnYve&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_2,searchweb201602_2_10017_10005_10006_10034_10021_507_10022_508_10032_10020_10018_10019,searchweb201603_1&btsid=69861db7-8e0b-44d0-afe8-deda293806db

Edited by milandro