X-Pro2 Wi-Fi transfer speed any good?

Hello tdGunter,

As I know nothing about MacOS, I can only guess. So the first guess (assuming that the WiFi connection has been set successfully) would be what type of WiFi access the MacOS offers. Is it full access to the system resources, like disk and applications? Or just sharing internet access? I rise this question because I know from my experience with iPhone and iPad that some services designed by Apple are severely limited (let's say for security reasons or something like that). For example BlueTooth on my iPad allows for audio gear connectivity only, like speakers, but not for full communication with other computer. So maybe hot-spot offered by MacOS is limited too?

If MacOS offers full hot-spot functionality, the second guess would be to check if there is any firewall in the system. In Windows I had several times the problem that new application was not able to communicate just because default firewall settings disallowed the communication of this particular application.

Unfortunately I don't know anybody who at the same time uses Mac and Fujifilm camera and could test this communication.

Please note: after initial positive feelings about WiFi connectivity while transferring just a few test shots, I have dropped it totally after I had to transfer about 100 RAWs from the camera to the PC. I can't wait so long time. So I have uninstalled the Fujifilm software from my PC and now I use card reader exclusively. I still use WiFi, but only if I want to remotely control the camera using my phone - this work reasonably well.

Hmm, I may need a decent OS after all :-)

Seriously, I don't know what restrictions Apple has set on their network protocols. I'm not an IT expert. But it would be astonishing to conclude that:

1) 2015, company A claims wireless is the future

2) November 2016, company A throws out SD card readers, and with it any other kind of connectivity, from their Pro level laptops, because wireless is modern (read: contemporary) technology

3) Company A limits the accessibility of their wireless system by means of the OS

I call this bullying your customers. 

I'll try to find out where the show gets interrupted, and post my findings here on this thread. 

PS: I appreciate your honesty that even with a dedicated network, the wireless transfer of larger amounts of data is still a pain in the A**. 

Thanks Kubul!

I'm going to agree with Kabul, transfer via PC Auto Save is very slow. Until recently my X-Pro2 wouldn't do it at all but with the 2.01 firmware my X-Pro2 works as advertised, it transfers photos wire-lessly to my Win10 PC. But the speed is so slow (and the on-screen pop-up messages annoying and unnecessary) that I'll likely not use that route and instead I will keep popping the SD card into a card reader.