10-24 owners - movement inside lens?

images102

When I gently move my lens from side to side I can feel something moving inside.  (not associated with the zoom)   I am hoping current 10-24 lens owners can tell me if their lenses have any movement of parts within the lens.

I have two other Fuji lenses and don't have that issue with them.  Any feedback on your experience with the 10-24 lens is much appreciated.  I have enjoyed reading through these forums and learning from your comments.  

I think it's normal. When I do the same with XF 50-140mm I clearly hear that something is moving inside. When I turn on camera with lens, it is not moving anymore.

It should be related to focusing magnets, or OIS magnets. Just mount it on camera, turn on, and listen while moving again.

First time I noticed such strange behavior on m4/3 system with Panasonic Leica Macro-Elmarit 45mm f/2.8 ASPH OIS . It was scary to hear such noise inside that lens, but that's how OIS is designed there.

I'm wonder if this can cause any damage if you transport such type lens in OFF mode, let say on very bad offroad : )

Edited by yukosteel

When I gently move my lens from side to side I can feel something moving inside.  (not associated with the zoom)   I am hoping current 10-24 lens owners can tell me if their lenses have any movement of parts within the lens.

I have two other Fuji lenses and don't have that issue with them.  Any feedback on your experience with the 10-24 lens is much appreciated.  I have enjoyed reading through these forums and learning from your comments.  

Hi, mine is doing the same thing. I believe this has something to do with the image stabilizer which is normal.