X-Pro2 "turn camera off and back on" error with FM 1.01

Hello again everyone,
Well, I some of you may remember that I had the freezing problem on a previous X Pro 2 which I took back and had a replacement for. That replacement is fine (for now). I then bought an additional X Pro 2 for work, which has taken about 3,000 pictures and now has issues. It's occasionally doing the 'Turn on/off' thing, but it's also getting what appears to be a stuck shutter, before freezing and giving up.

Last week I bought from Camtec photo Montreal a second X-Pro2 body, on the frame 00074 got ablack frame with the message to switch off and back on. This body is in the 62AXXXXX serie from Fujifilm Canada. Hopefully after reading this issue in the forum, Fuji will find a solution to this worrisome problem soon. I am just wondering if I continue using it, will I be risking more damage to the camera?

I'm literally right in the middle of shooting a wedding with the X-Pro2 right now. The freezing/black frame issue just happened to me, thankfully not during an important moment, but I was stressed enough to look the issue up.

Using the 23. When it happened I was using EVF, single shot, single point. Nothing special. It looked like the shutter stuck partyway across the frame, leaving a small band of the image, the camera froze and I got the error message to turn it off and back on.

Guess I'll be calling Fujifilm USA.

Edited by deepsun

For anyone interested: http://www.fujirumors.com/breaking-full-list-of-fujifilm-firmware-updates-coming-on-june-9-x-pro2-offon-bug-fix-more/

Granted it's just a rumour at the moment, but in a couple of days we should find out whether it's fixed or not.

Yes! Saw that. Fingers crossed. But at this point I'm not sure the error I saw Saturday is the same error. I didn't end up with a black frame.

The firmware update is here since today, addressing the issue described in the following way:

The phenomenon below that occurs on rare occasions is fixed.
・Horizontal lines appears on LCD or EVF when Auto-rotate playback.
"TURN OFF THE CAMERA AND TURN ON AGAIN." message is displayed right after shooting.

Download here:

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/x/xpro2/index.html

4 months into the fix. I wouldn't call that exactly fast resolution on critical for some cameras bug. However it is good that the issue is finally suppose to be fix.

Make xPro2 great again! :)

Agree, and I first gonna believe it after testing it under high pressure. Really hoping it is fixed through the firmware update. Fingers crossed...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All!...My name is Eric.  I figured this would be the best play to post my experience.  Completely new to the X-Ecosystem.  My Brand new X-Pro2 arrived today.  Along with the 16 f/1.4, and 5 frames in, I got the dreaded "f0" error!!!  Nothing I did could snap the camera out of it.  It quickly became a very expensive paperweight.  Of course I immediately Googled any info I could find on the subject.  I found "f0" issues people had with the X-Pro1 and the XT1, but nothing with the X-Pro2.  I currently only have the 16mm, so I couldn't test to see if it was a lens or camera issue.  Judging by other experiences people had with the issue, I'm guessing it's the camera .  I immediately contacted my retailer, Amazon, sent back the body an hour after unboxing it, and have a full replacement on its way.  Not the beginning to my Fuji relationship I hoped for. 

Any thoughts or things heard through the grapevine?

Here's some info if it helps at all-

Serial- 61A...

Samsung PRO+ SD (Dual)

Issue happened immediately after going into playback and snapping back into frame with shutter button.