XPRO-2 warming

Doesn't the PRO 2 camera power OFF automatically after a certain amount of idle time like 2 minutes or 5 minutes ?

In the Power Management menu, you can define Auto Power Off as 2 minutes or 5 minutes, like you said. There is also a third option to set Auto Power Off to "OFF". This means it will not turn off automatically.

In the Power Management menu, you can define Auto Power Off as 2 minutes or 5 minutes, like you said. There is also a third option to set Auto Power Off to "OFF". This means it will not turn off automatically.

Ahhh ... thank you for that little bit of info. Seems a waste of power for me since I ALWAY forget to turn my camera off. It's set to 2 minutes.

In answer to the heating up of the PRO 2. I haven't noticed any extraordinary heat, but then I don't do any long photo sessions like the pros do. .

I posted this last week in the thread regarding the "turn off turn on message". Since then contacted Fuji USA and was told to send the camera to them. The person said they are aware of the problem but they don't have a fix. When I asked what the remedy was the response they gave was they will send me a camera that does not have the issue. While I found that interesting I chose not to engage in a discussion. Taking the comments presented in this thread as well as the "turn off" thread, it appears there is a design issue. I've used several different brands during the past two years including a Canon 5D3, Sony A7ii, Sony A7Rii, and Nikon D750. These were with speedlights either on camera or with radio trigger. Had no heat issues and those cameras never shut down. At this point the X Pro 2 is neither pro nor non-pro but something less that will only perform in low demand situations that involve few actuations over a long period of time. Under these conditions it does produce great images. Love the look just cannot accept the performance.

Here is the other post:

experienced this error today with version 1.0. Tonight I did the update.

Background: had a studio shoot today with two models that totaled approximately 45 minutes. Lens was 35mm f2. Fast cards. Saved RAW and jpeg to same card (changed that tonight to save to separate cards). The total image count was 1080, so that should have been 540 shutter activations. It was set for single shots. Pre focus off. Face detection on

The error message first appeared after about 30 minutes, then happened twice more before the end of the session. Used a Paul C. Buff trigger for an Alienbee (worked great). Noticed that when the first error message appeared the camera was definitely warm on the bottom plate. Camera remained warm for the remainder of the time.

The was no problem restarting the camera, but the shooting flow was certainly interrupted.

Camera s/n 61A05706. It was delivered the day of release in the USA.

This shoot was an unexpected opportunity. I'm in the process of moving and my Nikon gear is in storage. Had it been a pre-planned session, I would have used the D750. The Fuji was intended for the trip and in that setting it performed as expected.

As others have stated, and assuming Fuji monitors this forum, there is an issue when the X Pro 2 is used in a situation involving stretches of constant shooting. Whatever the reason, it is up to them to recognize and correct it.

I used my XPRO-2 for a wedding. It went on for one hour before it shows white screen and then black screen and could not be turrned off. Basically my XPRO-2 is dead. The camera was unusually warm before it's dead, I thought it's because of the warming. 

Tried to pull out the battery, it turned off, but when I turned it on again ... it showed black screen and no button working.

Already tried to change several batteries and changed lenses and still not working.

I returned it to Fujifilm last week and still got no response.

Have contacted botch retailer and Fujifilm helpdesk (in Netherlands/Germany). They both mentioned that is normal and is caused by the better performance of the X-Pro2. Found that to be a bit of a typical answer so I requested some more info and got the reply that due to the new processor's upgraded performance the camera can heat up more noticeably than the X-Pro1 because of the materials used in the camera (more metal (aluminium/magnesium?) instead of plastics) and that it in no way can cause damage to the camera.

I WAS tempted by the X-Pro2, but will wait it out to see if Fuji can address this and other noted problems. It seems Fuji thinks this tendency is "normal" because it occurs regularly. Hmmm ... In contrast, one could view it as "a problem that occurs regularly" (as a result of this higher performance camera not having sufficient heat dissipation). Don't get me wrong: it seems like a cool camera, and--of course--I hope it serves everyone well. (I, though, will be waiting to see how Fuji addresses this and other "normal problems.") Edited by ramosa

It was 87°F here 2 days ago and I did some photography with the X-Pro2. I noticed that the camera became fairly warm and a bit warmer than I would like. By that I mean I am thinking about a 95-100 degree day in the sun and would it become a problem? Summer is coming so something over the next 3 months I should have that question answered.

Deva:

Summer is around the bend. It's low 90's in the desert and so far the X-Pro2 doesn't get too warm. When it hits 110, we'll see how the camera holds up. Cameras that have passed the test in the past are 3-4 Nikon DLRS, Fuji X-T1 and Fuji X100-T.

Edited by quietlight

Excellent review. Thanks for the thorough testing and conclusions. I am confident that Fuji will come up with a satisfactory solution, hopefully via firmware. Thanks, EyesUnclouded !

Thank you! It would be great if more users would contribute with their own real life use reports, both in these threads and in the comment section on the blog. I'm sure Fuji is watching such reactions and it would possibly help solve problems faster.

• 2 weeks later...