X-T1 Bulb or long exposure setting problems

Jon406

I for the life of me can not figure this out... When I have set the camera in B mode using a cabled release it seems that the most available time I get is 1.0 and in T I get just 1.6 seconds.  I know the B works as I one time got a 30 second exposure at night before.  I had hoped for those nice Milky Way and night photography shots like I get with my Pentax K-3.

When trying this I have switched the X-T1 to manual, switched OIS off, have used various ISO and f stop settings to no avail.

Any help would be very much appreciated 

First of all, are you able to do a long expo without the cable release ? Meaning, if you press and hold the shutter, does it work ?

If that works, it means the fault is with your cable.

Another point, the dial on the X-T1 can be a bit finicky sometimes, you really have to make sure the B mode is correctly clicked in, not just visually ok. I had that joke played on the a few times with the other dials too, can be annoying but once you know about it, it's quick to fix.

No the only thing it will do is a 1 second exposure, this is why it is frustrating.  I have tried to see if the dial will set the exposure but the indicator stays at 1"

The RR-90 Remote that I have works fine, as I use the same corded remote on my Pentax K-3 last night doing long exposures.

I have played and played with the dial to see if that was being finicky, but it just seems to not want the B to work properly.  It looks like I may have to send this into Fuji for further looking into, which is more frustrating because I love this camera.

Okay I found the problem.... I had my shutter in ES instead of MS, now after switching to Mechanical Shutter the Bulb setting works..

I hate those. It would be really nice if the camera would show a message "Can't do XXX because YYY is set". It's the same with CL, CH, Face detection and the different focus modes. Sometimes they work, sometimes the don't and it's hard to figure out why.

• 1 year later...