Help with budget fuji x camera

Hi guys I'm looking to buy into the fuji range of cameras and lenses but i'm currently on a kinda low budget. I can afford the xm-1 with the lens kit atm but was wondering what options would you guys suggest? I like the xm1 because it's small and i can get a good price for it second hand. This is important because i don't want to spend too much and if the gear gets damaged or stolen i might feel like i need to sell a kidney to get a replacement. I will be using it mainly for beginner shots and mainly travel hence the small gear requirement. Any help would be appreciated. Also with some of the older models being cheaper now would they be a better purchase or should i stick with the xm1?

the articulated screen is of debatable utility ( I have one camera with, X-T1, and one without , X-E2, and I use it very little and when I don’t use the X-T1 I never miss it) the size and weight difference are minimal but the EVF is of incredible utility.

If someone is on a budget, the use of cheap adapted lenses is the single most important factor to save money, but focussing without the EVF only on a, tillable or not, OVF is most certainly a serious hurdle or rather it would be for me. 

The feel of the X-E1 is almost the same one as a pro camera which the X-E2 is.

I have used the X-M1 when my first X ( X-E1) camera was away  for 8 weeks and I didn’t like it at all. Unless the tilt screen is paramount I would never  go for that camera if cost is, as it is, so similar to the one of the X-E1 to me you get a better, uncompromising, camera.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=Fujifilm+X-E1&_sop=15

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=Fujifilm+X-E1&_sop=15&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XFujifilm+X-M1.TRS0&_nkw=Fujifilm+X-M1&_sacat=0

Edited by milandro

...so I guess there is no write or wrong in choosing between the M1 and E1. It comes down to personal preferences. One thing we should not forget is that the M1 uses a P-A-S dial. The learning curve will be faster for the M1.

I have owned the E1, E2, Pro1, T1. Currently I'm using an Pro2, Pro1 (IR) and M1.

Playing with adapted lenses can be fun, but using Fujis excellent lenses will produce far more keepers. And not everyone is into manual focusing ...

Regards, Dieter

Lots of X-Pro 1's are hitting the second hand market at very low prices. If you don't need fast autofocus, that's still a great option. Or an X-E1 too.

Anything with the second generation sensor is still rather pricey at this point.

... One thing we should not forget is that the M1 uses a P-A-S dial. The learning curve will be faster for the M1.

Really? Would that make a real difference? I think that a separate shutter speed and aperture dial (plus an A setting on both) is far more intuitive?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk