Fujifilm X-S2 !!!

alitopuz

Honestly, I don't think they are going to invest into that part of the market anymore, the current APS-C X series is doing quite well and Fuji is holding a nice deal of the market at the moment with their cameras.

Also, for the price of the bridge X-S1 at release, you can now get an X-T10 with a nice kit lens that will serve you well for years. 

True, we have nothing of the size that has that much reach as the X-S1 but the IQ is going to be much better at shorter range.

I suspect the next viable release will be the XT-2, there is an ever growing band of Pro photogs who now use Fuji and that includes motor racing / general sports shooters.

The 100 - 400 has added another dimension to this capability and the current AFC / tracking just needs some minor tweaking to make it even better.

We know the new sensor in the X-Pro2 can deliver stunning IQ and some have openly proclaimed it to be able to deliver images as large and detailed as full frame cameras.

It's a case of wait and see - I am personally so pleased with the improvements in my X-Pro2 over the X-Pro1 that if the new XT-2 can match / exceed these I may consider trading my full frame kit in for an XT-2 + 100-400!

[...] AFC / tracking just needs some minor tweaking to make it even better.[..]

The AF tracking needs a lot more than just minor adjustments, I took the X-T1 birding last month and well, let just say that even my old D5000 would have done an equally well job...

• 2 weeks later...

Good Evening, the far end is important to me, I am an XS1 fan, paid about a 1000 pounds for it, when the HS50EXR came out compared them both and there was little difference difference in the result, one had a bigger sensor, the other a longer lens, did not check out S1,

got the XA1 with a XC 230 lens and that was clearly better,

now with the XPRO1 and looking to the 100 - 400 waiting for me I expect a great difference,

truth is if Fuji brought out a game changer replacement for the XS1, ie the ability to bring small birds close on Safari and be able to crop in,as well as take good landscapes i might buy it, it would save taking two cameras round the world, I have not checked the sony out, it has a 1in sensor which makes it a straight competition for an XS2 - will they make it - or duck out of the market? 

chasing the IQ is not everything!

its also the moment

Your soul will not be imperiled if you add a superzoom bridge camera of another brand. There is no hardware relationship at all with my X-Pro1. It is a specialized piece of photographic equipment that opens whole new realms of exploration.

Having noticed that a 2000mm f/11Nikon mirror lens sold for $95,000 and B&H has a 1250mm f/5.6 for sale used at $180,000, the idea of a Coolpix P900 with an 83× zoom with a 35mm FOV of 24-2000mm made me whip out my plastic. Low expectations were greatly exceeded. Awesome image stabilization allows hand-holding at the maximum magnification. Necessarily a tiny sensor but one can clearly see bird's feathers at 2kmm. For traveling, every image is geotagged. The GPS is quick in locating enough birds for a positive location. (Should be installed in every camera.) Fully WIFi enabled as well. Fun to use. It extends my range of capabilities without infringing even slightly on my X-cameras.

Your soul will not be imperiled if you add a superzoom bridge camera of another brand. There is no hardware relationship at all with my X-Pro1.

[...]

the idea of a Coolpix P900 with an 83× zoom with a 35mm FOV of 24-2000mm made me whip out my plastic. [...]

The Nikon P900 is a very impressive piece of gear, if someone has to get a a bridge camera that's definitely the one I am advising, it's rather cheap, very good IQ for the size and the ability to zoom into the moon makes it really impressive.

The camera stabilisation works really well.

But one needs to understand the camera to use it correctly, if someone just buys it and expect super sharp image at full electronic zoom range, they are going to face quite a let down, same goes for the AF speed, it's really not the faster among all the bridges bodies.

Hmm, a superzoom needs a small-ish sensor and the optics would be unique to the body, unless Fujifilm designed a sensor to be the same size as their old super-zoom lens.

I could envision a case where the sensor and superzoom lens were standardized and given periodic updates but design re-use should be a mandate.

What might be really interesting is if a superzoom lens and body were separate. That is, a half-inch sensor body and short line of small xf lenses, including a superzoom.

This way, bodies and lenses could be updated independently.

It will not be too many years before APS-C sensors are way larger than necessary for professional photographers. Fujifilm might as well get a jump on a way to keep pro's from cell phones and P&S.

Edited by bhu