black and white (open thread)

bigbadwolf

Yesterday's meteor shower. X-T1, XF14mm.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Been lurking in the shadows for a bit.  Converted from big Canon gear to the X-T1 when it first came out based on a buddies love for his X-E1s and X-E2s and his recent (at the time) conversion from big Canon gear.

Both these are from a new building up on campus at one of our local colleges.

Shot with the 18-55/2.8-4

20534104708_9322c3b2ea_c.jpg

endless_rings-1 by Jim Fox, on Flickr

Shot with the 10-20/4

20722084625_8638570827_c.jpg

endless_rings-1-2 by Jim Fox, on Flickr

I can see there are some gorgeous looking B&W photographs being posted here, and i would love to share some of my own.

I will post them in a slightly smaller size to not fill up the whole page, but feel free to click on them to enjoy the full image quality and feel.

Fuji X-T1 + 23mm: ISO 200 - F10 - 1/420

20658451025_f3b49e8ab4.jpgStone statue inside the Tuileries garden Paris, France by Ziggy Wellens, on Flickr

Fuji X-T1 + 23mm: ISO 200 - F5.6 - 1/15

20500659222_7022e84366.jpgPig in a stall by Ziggy Wellens, on Flickr

Fuji X-T1 + 14mm: ISO 200 - F10 - 1/400

20294405670_57d4874afa.jpgChâteau de Kaysersberg, France by Ziggy Wellens, on Flickr

Fuji X-T1 + 14mm: ISO 200 - F13 - 1/420

20405674475_2ba0f9bfaa.jpgRoute des Vins d'Alsace, France by Ziggy Wellens, on Flickr

Fuji X-T1 + 23mm: ISO 200 - F9 - 1/350

20005374888_013fb85f3d.jpgThe Eiffel Tower, France. by Ziggy Wellens, on Flickr

Fuji X-T1 + 14mm: ISO 200 - F5 - 1/120

19702283828_a87c4f1aff.jpgBamboo B&W by Ziggy Wellens, on Flickr

Fuji X-T1 + 55-200mm @ 55mm: ISO 200 - F3.5 - 1/25

19171372803_1817106c96.jpgGrapevine Black and White by Ziggy Wellens, on Flickr

More B&W photographs can be found on my Flickr page.

When your dad is a biker…  B)

xe-2, 23/1.4, LR

A recent ride in a very special car, shot with my new X-T10

More can be seen at http://www.drivingline.com/2015/09/touring-italian-style-salon-prive/  all those with my credit included were shot on the Fuji - those outside the car were provided by the event.

I have a steep learning curve with this wonderful camera but I am pleased with the results so far.

jb