Did I break my X-T1?

czechappleguy

So for starters I just finally made the move from Nikon over to a complete Fuji setup.

Hold your applause please.

:D

So I have pretty much all the main lenses that Fuji makes (16, 23, 27, 35, 56, 90, 50-140 and now the new 100-400).  

I own an X-T1 and X100T and have been starting to as I call it "Dial it in" using the X-T1 more often.  

I have taken plenty of photos with both cameras before and things have been coming out pretty well...

Not this last week though...

As you can see I have barely moved the camera or the lens and it looks like I am getting some horrible rolling shutter issues or something else.

I have tweaked some of the settings to try and compensate for this but it's happening all the time now.

I thought it was the 100-400 doing this but I'm finding out it's on other lenses also...I will have to show in another post as I don't have enough space to upload here.

BTW the order of photos isn't how you see them.

The first photo should be the 3rd in the sequence.

I haven't drastically changed any of the settings in the camera but this has started to become a complete across the board issue?

Where should I start to find out what is going on?

Czech

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by czechappleguy

Here's a follow up question?

Does it become amplified if OIS is turned on also at higher speeds?

:unsure:

Czech

OIS doesn't affect it only your own body movement as your take the picture while on Electronic shutter.

Stay still and it will be a lot less pronounced or keep using the mechanical shutter, but do take note that your speed will be capped at 1/4000 of a sec.

Why using electronic shutter unless it is absolutely necessary?

it has its own characteristics and some other advantages than being silent but the reason why it was offered as an option, nevertheless to be used only when necessary.

Aside the creation of distorted images,  other things like “ banding” are also the product of the use of this type of shutter when used with  a light source, such as fluorescent light, which is not a continuous one.

This article talks od electronic shutters and their quirks. Which are a great many more than the one observed above.

http://m43photo.blogspot.nl/2013/03/gh3-electronic-shutter.html

I have tried it for a while and decided that I am going to use it only for extra fast shutter speeds, documents, slides or paintings reproduction shots and of course theater or shooting during audio or video recording.

So after I banged my head against the wall acouple dozen times...

:D

I went back into the "New features Guide" PDF file because I remembered what it had said and I'm going...Where did I read about the ES?

Well sure enough on page EN-4 under the heading "Shutter Type Selection".

You get this paragraph:

"Distortion may be visible in shots of moving subjects, while banding and fog may occur in shots taken under fluorescent lights or other flickering or erratic illumination. When taking pictures with the shutter muted, respect your subjects’ image rights and right to privacy."

Does anyone have any ibuprofen I can borrow for my headache????

Sheesh...

Czech